Hello Mr. Anderson

BigSqwert

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ May 31, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
KW and OG have to be getting fed up with BA's hitting. I know for a fact that KW is looking for other CF options right now. I've heard Tori Hunter is available. If this is so go for him! The Twins GM told a reporter that he isn't afraid to trade within his division. If this is the case KW should be all over this. Bring Hunter over. He at least has one friend in AJ. I know he doesn't have a good history here on the southside. But either did AJ and we all know how that turned out.

Going to give us any more than that?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
How about this.

Uribe needs to pick it up. He is the vet, he is the one who has had success before. If he was hitting then we are not talking about Brian Anderson's BA. The tasmanian devil needs his leg kick back, and all is good. Then we can afford Brian to learn on the job.

We need a right handed setup guy in the bullpen more to replace Polittes production more than we need someone for Brian.

Our pen is more of a worry than our O right now.

Cotts, Thornton and Jenks are what I trust out of the pen.

Bmac needs to get more consistant. He has great great stuff.

Politte needs to figure it out.

Jabronis little friend Nelson is a ROOGY. Which is fine. But he is not a right handed setup guy anymore.

I agree that Uribe should bring back the leg kick stat all though he is batting .265 for his last ten games, and that if he hitting even remotely decent we could afford to have Brian learn on the job, its just very frustrating watching Brian have an excellent spring training and *poof* disapear. Also having two automatic outs that kill any semblance of a rally is painful to watch.

I too agree that Jenks, Cotts, and Thornton have been great out of the pen. I feel as many here have suggested Ozzie needs to move Brandon into the right handed setup role, and get him more work and politte into the mop role. Nelson is fine as a ROOGY.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ May 31, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
KW and OG have to be getting fed up with BA's hitting. I know for a fact that KW is looking for other CF options right now. I've heard Tori Hunter is available. If this is so go for him! The Twins GM told a reporter that he isn't afraid to trade within his division. If this is the case KW should be all over this. Bring Hunter over. He at least has one friend in AJ. I know he doesn't have a good history here on the southside. But either did AJ and we all know how that turned out.

Why? So we can pay his salary and get his overrated bat, just so we have some good defense? We already have good defense in Brian Anderson, and the upgrade with the bat wouldn't be worth it.

Edited by Felix

my wind sock just changed directions. Again.

with the second best record in all of baseball, why the hell does he need to go anywhere right now? He's contributing too much defense to lose him.

Come on Brian, pull your head out of your ass and hit .240 and all will be forgotten.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ May 31, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
how long do you stick with him and allow him to hit under .200?

You stick with BA until there is an adequate defensive CF you can replace him with. Ideally he would be hitting better than .200, but as has been mentioned many times on this board, Mack or Pods in CF everyday would be more detrimental to this team than BA's hitting currently is. Ideally if the Sox could find a competent CF somewhere, BA could be sent down to work through the problems he's having at the plate. Right now though, this team cannot afford to send him down.

Another ball sailed over Macs head last night and cost a run. I think the ball was catchable (the run would have scored anyway but...) BA would have made it look easy. I think you just need to play the kid and let him work his troubles at the plate out. His defense is worth the (temporary) offensive sacrifice, IMHO.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 06:59 AM)
Blurb in the Trib eluded to if Mackowiak doesn't work out in CF, that Pablo Ozuna could see some time out there...

:o

I'll get out the rosery...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
If Anderson is shipped out, we're in trouble. One of the main reasons this team has such good pitching is because of the amazing defense that is played behind them. We're going to be seeing outfields of Pods>MackPods

I agree. Anderson does get to the balls very well, and i'll take that right now.

I do know this, we cant have TWO guys not hitting in this lineup. Anderson/Uribe need to be playing, but not at the same time, until Uribe gets his swing going.

I believe Uribe is going to CLICK shortly ...............but dang, hes hurting us with his glove

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 10:40 AM)
Hitting is not really the problem this year. Yes, we got shut out last night, but for every game the offense has cost us this season I can find three we blew on defense.

We need Anderson in center. End of story. Mackowiak and Ozuna are nice bench players.

Exactly. With the abilities of the rest of the team, defense is a much more important asset for our centerfielder to have, versus offense.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
Exactly. With the abilities of the rest of the team, defense is a much more important asset for our centerfielder to have, versus offense.

I guess, but you still can't have automatic outs in the lineup and every time Anderson strolls up to the plate do any of you think he is going to get a hit? I sure as hell don't. I think it is time for KW to find someone to plug in that still plays decent D but can also hit above .200. Anderson is overmatched as a major league hitter.

I am an Anderson fan. But he almost seems resigned to the fact that he's going to have a very poor at bat every time he steps to the plate. I don't know what Ozzie was thinking yesterday having Cintron bunt early in the game with guys on first and second and nobody out. Normally its the right move, but with Anderson coming up next, taking the bat out of Cintron's hands was not wise. I don't know if sending BA down to AAA will help or hurt him, but at this point, finding someone who can play CF and hit, at least a little bit, will help the White Sox. The Sox face a ton of lefties the next couple of weeks. It would probably be best they make a mover sooner rather than later.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
Something has to be done soon. He is afraid to swing the bat now.

Plus, he is starting to take the slump out to the field. Failing to back up Ozuna twice on Sunday, he lost a ball completely last night that Dye caught, etc.

Also, on Sunday (don't know if anyone saw this) There was one out and someone popped out to Uribe or Gooch and Anderson was running in to back up the play. When the ball was caught Anderson kept running in all the way to the infield before he realized that it was only 2 outs. He needs to keep his head in the game on defense at least. Dye gave him a look and motioned his arms like what's up? :huh

I know everyone likes Anderson and wants to give him a chance, but there has to be better options available somewhere and KW needs to take a look.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:11 AM)
Plus, he is starting to take the slump out to the field. Failing to back up Ozuna twice on Sunday, he lost a ball completely last night that Dye caught, etc.

Also, on Sunday (don't know if anyone saw this) There was one out and someone popped out to Uribe or Gooch and Anderson was running in to back up the play. When the ball was caught Anderson kept running in all the way to the infield before he realized that it was only 2 outs. He needs to keep his head in the game on defense at least. Dye gave him a look and motioned his arms like what's up? :huh

I know everyone likes Anderson and wants to give him a chance, but there has to be better options available somewhere and KW needs to take a look.

Anderson is shaky all over, he is really in need of a triple A visit.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:11 AM)

Actually, I really don't think there are. None at anything we could genuinely afford (translation, none that don't cost us McCarthy).

Our best option may well be sending BA down for a week or two, hoping he finds his swing, trying to make due while he's down, and then bringing him back up. Even back in April he still sucked, but he was hitting better than he is now.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
Obviously, that's not the answer either.

That's what these people are asking for. There's no other plausible options outside of the organization. So for those so desperate to send BA down to AAA, that could very well be the only short-term and long-term option this season that's available.

I don't think they realize that at all, and it's a shame that they don't.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)
Not long term, but it might be something we could survive for a week or two.

We should have another good glove, no hit CF in our system somewhere. Bring whoever this guy is, up. Send BA down to get his stroke back. I'd rather have the good defense.

Edit: If we don't have one, maybe the can draft one in round 45 today!

Edited by YASNY