Hello Mr. Anderson

BigSqwert

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:25 AM)
I just hope you guys are still happy when Mack, Pods, Gload, and Ozuna are playing CF.

Obviously, KW has a lot of phone calls to make. Those 4 will not cut it. The other problem is Ozuna is the only one right handed, and I don't even want to imagine what he would be like in CF.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:28 AM)
We should have another good glove, no hit CF in our system somewhere. Bring whoever this guy is, up. Send BA down to get his stroke back. I'd rather have the good defense.

Who is even playing CF in AAA and AA for us now?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
I just hope you guys are still happy when Mack, Pods, Gload, and Ozuna are playing CF.

Where in anything that I have said did I write I want Mack, GLOAD???, or Ozuna to play center? It is obvious that Anderson is not ready to be a major league hitter. You can't have a guy in your lineup that hits worse than the National League average for pitchers. I wouldn't mind if he got a hit here and there and was able to hit the ball to the right side to move runners along, but he can't.

KW needs to work his magic.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
That's what these people are asking for. There's no other plausible options outside of the organization. So for those so desperate to send BA down to AAA, that could very well be the only short-term and long-term option this season that's available.

I don't think they realize that at all, and it's a shame that they don't.

I don't think you realize how much BA's offense hurts this team. And it's a shame that you don't.

He's hitting .083 with

runners in scoring position and .095 with RISP and 2 out. With the

bases loaded? He's .000 (0 for 6).

Edited by Sox1422

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)
Where in anything that I have said did I write I want Mack, GLOAD???, or Ozuna to play center? It is obvious that Anderson is not ready to be a major league hitter. You can't have a guy in your lineup that hits worse than the National League average for pitchers. I wouldn't mind if he got a hit here and there and was able to hit the ball to the right side to move runners along, but he can't.

KW needs to work his magic.

Well that's exactly what will happen if you send BA down. No one is going to be available right now.

Guest JimH
How is Sweeney doing in CF? I'd consider him a serious option.

Well, he had a hamstring injury which kept him out 10 days or so, and after that he's been playing mostly RF. Not sure what that means but I can say this much ... whoever the White Sox have in the minor leagues playing CF is vastly inferior to Anderson defensively. Even with the occasional brain cramps like this past Sunday.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
I don't think you realize how much BA's offense hurts this team. And it's a shame that you don't.

He's hitting .083 with

I don't think you realize how much Pods, Mack, Ozuna, and Gload's defense would hurt this team in CF. This team is not going to live and die on the offense of the 9 place hitter, a rookie.

When are you going to start calling for Uribe's head? He's the veteran, and he's just as bad.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:39 AM)
I don't think you realize how much Pods, Mack, Ozuna, and Gload's defense would hurt this team in CF. This team is not going to live and die on the offense of the 9 place hitter, a rookie.

When are you going to start calling for Uribe's head? He's the veteran, and he's just as bad.

No matter how pathetic Anderson has been at the plate of late, his OBP is still 22 points higher than Uribe's.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 11:41 AM)
No matter how pathetic Anderson has been at the plate of late, his OBP is still 22 points higher than Uribe's.

And again, which one is the rookie and which one has been in the league for 5 years?

Why is BA the goat? Why does Uribe get the free pass, everyone?

For conversations sake:

Ricardo Nanita's Splits: .291/.383/.422 24 years old (first year in AA)

Ryan Sweeney: .308/.362/.403 21 years old (first year in AAA)

Ruben Rivera: .222/.295/.348, 32 years old (I think he used to play some CF back in the day)

Jerry Owens: .223/.285/.295, 25 yrs old (first year in AAA)

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)

Uribe is not nearly as bad. His average is at least on a bit of an upswing and is over .200.

Listen, I understand that BA's defense is important, but his bad bat is trumping the decent defense IMO.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:42 AM)
And again, which one is the rookie and which one has been in the league for 5 years?

Why is BA the goat? Why does Uribe get the free pass, everyone?

Uribe has actually gotten a few hits lately. Hit .237 in May. Anderson seems to be getting worse.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)
How many starts has Sweeney gotten at CF?

Very few..I dont know exactly why but for some reason Sweeney has only been playing 4 or 5 times a week since coming off the DL a few weeks ago. I dont even know exactly why he was put on the DL in the first place, so I'm not sure if he is still nursing an injury or something.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:42 AM)
For conversations sake:

Ricardo Nanita's Splits: .291/.383/.422 24 years old (first year in AA)

Ryan Sweeney: .308/.362/.403 21 years old (first year in AAA)

Ruben Rivera: .222/.295/.348, 32 years old (I think he used to play some CF back in the day)

Jerry Owens: .223/.285/.295, 25 yrs old (first year in AAA)

The last thing I want is to see Owens in CF.

The 2nd to last thing I want is to start Sweeney's arbitration clock early, but right now we might not have much of a choice.

How is that Nanita person at catching the ball?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:39 AM)
Well, he had a hamstring injury which kept him out 10 days or so, and after that he's been playing mostly RF. Not sure what that means but I can say this much ... whoever the White Sox have in the minor leagues playing CF is vastly inferior to Anderson defensively. Even with the occasional brain cramps like this past Sunday.

True, but I am thinking perhaps:

Sweeney D > Mack D

and

Sweeney O >>> Mack O

If those are true, then he may be a good option. If they are not, nevermind. But its a thought.

With the Twins continuing to lose, and Kubel getting more playing time, I really wonder if Lew Ford would be available for a few mid-level prospects. He's not hitting great this year, but we all know he's a tough out and plays the game the right way. The same can be said about Brady Clark, who I've heard we have some interest in.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)

He's hitting .083 with

I don't think Anderson's lack of offense has hurt the White Sox yet, at least not that much. Mackowiak in CF has hurt the White Sox more. I do think though, that if BA keeps getting the same offensive results, it will hurt. Thome, Dye and Konerko most likely will not combine to hit 130 homers. AJ probably won't hit .330. Crede probably won't hit.300 with 30 homers. These guys most likely will slow down at least a little offensively, and Anderson and Uribe's struggles will really start to hurt.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
True, but I am thinking perhaps:

Sweeney D > Mack D

and

Sweeney O >>> Mack O

If those are true, then he may be a good option. If they are not, nevermind. But its a thought.

I highly doubt that Sweeney will be a more productive offensive player than Mackowiak at this point in his career.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:47 AM)
I highly doubt that Sweeney will be a more productive offensive player than Mackowiak at this point in his career.

Mack is 1 for his last 11 right now, maybe worse. His little hot streak from early May is over.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:47 AM)

Possibly not. But Mack is important to this team as a backup OF all around, and even 3B/1B as needed. He could spell Sweeney here and there.

The arb clock is important too though. But heck, he'd probably ready next year anyway, right?

The Sox aren't going to bring Sweeney up to play CF. Jerry Owens is hitting .220. He's not coming. Last I checked, the Sox don't have locks on the entire contents of their stalls in the clubhouse, so Rivera isn't coming, and they aren't going to bring a guy from AA who will be just as bad as Anderson offensively, while giving you less defense. Like someone said before, its either Mack, Ozuna, or Pods in CF or a trade, and I don't think anyone's looking to do KW any favors.