KW: Make a run at Tejada

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ May 28, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
For the pen I'd like Kenny to take a look at these guys: (Don't bust my balls on some of these, I am unaware of these guys contract situations, no trade clause etc, I'm just throwing some names out there.)

Chris Ray. (Only been in the league two years, but has a career 2.55 era. Would be a nice righty for our pen.)

Rafael Soriano-(might be hard to pry him from the Mariners, but I really like his stuff, teammate George Sherrill would be another option if Ozzie wants another lefty)

Jon Rauch-(Yes, the same exact Jon Rauch that we traded to Montreal. In 28 innings has posted a 1.93 era, while compiling 26 K's compared to only 11 walks. Another possibly target on the Nationals would be former Sox prospect Gary Majewski)

Mike Gonzalez (a pretty good lefty in Pittsburgh).

Just to let you know there's like a .05% chance Gonzalez is traded and a .01% Chris Ray is traded. Rafael Soriano as well.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 28, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)
I'd do Bmac, Rogo, and Uribe for Tejada and a little cash.

Why would you trade our best reliever (Yes, screw Jenks, BMac is better and more reliable in terms of injuries) and the pitcher with best potential out of our youth pitchers for more offense? Our offense is getting the job done right now.. our pitching is not.

BMac goes anywhere in any deal, although there are a few players I would accept in a deal with BMac, and something is wrong. You don't trade people like him.

You need to shut up, because over the last week, I have agreed with you alot more than I want to...

I am still all over the Brad Lidge bandwagon, and I want Kenny to start getting really close to Tim Purpura....

:lolhitting I would splooge all over myself if KW managed to swing a deal for Lidge. :ph34r:

It better not be done by the way of sending BA down to call up another arm for the pen.

Ross.Effing.Gload (i.e. Mr. Waste Of A Roster Spot). He of 16 games played and 22 at bats. Mackowiak can play 1B if needed.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 28, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
:lolhitting I would splooge all over myself if KW managed to swing a deal for Lidge. :ph34r:

Ross.Effing.Gload (i.e. Mr. Waste Of A Roster Spot). He of 16 games played and 22 at bats. Mackowiak can play 1B if needed.

I'd have no problem with that move. Especially now that his trade value has diminished. I bet Cooper could fix him.

CWSOX45

Brad Lidge was easily the best setup man in baseball in '04 and then became one of the elite closers in the game as well. He would make the Sox' pen so f***ing dangerous if he somehow found his way to the south side.

2004, setting up Dotel and then closing out games:

G GS W L SV CG SHO IP H R ER HR BB K ERA WHIP BAA

80 0 6 5 29 0 0 94.2 57 21 20 8 30 157 1.90 0.92 .174

Just take a look at his BB:SO numbers and WHIP. Unf***inghittable

Coop isn't going to do much fixing with Lidge if he ever came here. Lidge's problems are between the ears, maybe he just needs to get out of the same division as Albert but I'm not sure if being on the same team as Pods will help. Lidge will decide when he's going to be dominant again.

Coop isn't going to do much fixing with Lidge if he ever came here. Lidge's problems are between the ears, maybe he just needs to get out of the same division as Albert but I'm not sure if being on the same team as Pods will help. Lidge will decide when he's going to be dominant again.

If Matt Thornton can pitch well after two awful seasons, Brad Lidge can pitch well again after three dominant seasons.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ May 28, 2006 -> 05:58 PM)
I am not sure what the mix is but get Carl Crawford.

Career

.322 OB%

.420 SL%

.289 BA

45-55 Stolen Bases a year.

Just for the record, that is a horrible OBP especially seeing how it's only 33 points higher than his avg which means his OBP is very batting average heavy. His poor OBP also contributes to his .742 OPS which is also very poor (he hasn't spent a lot of time in the leadoff role so the stat stands.)

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Felix @ May 28, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
Why would you trade our best reliever (Yes, screw Jenks, BMac is better and more reliable in terms of injuries) and the pitcher with best potential out of our youth pitchers for more offense? Our offense is getting the job done right now.. our pitching is not.

BMac goes anywhere in any deal, although there are a few players I would accept in a deal with BMac, and something is wrong. You don't trade people like him.

LOL

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 28, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
LOL

You don't agree? Jenks has had a history of arm issues, and along with his weight and velocity, he's not the safest bet to stay healthy for 10 years etc.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 28, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
You don't agree? Jenks has had a history of arm issues, and along with his weight and velocity, he's not the safest bet to stay healthy for 10 years etc.

I'm going to disagree with you. BMac is definately not our best reliever. In fact he sucks in that role so far.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 28, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
I'm going to disagree with you. BMac is definately not our best reliever. In fact he sucks in that role so far.

Exactly. That's what I was talking about. Bmac is no where near the reliever that Bobby is. I'm not sure I'd say Bmac sucks in that role, but Bobby has been incredible for us, and to say that Bmac is a better reliever right now just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm sure Bmac will be a very solid starter down the road, and I wouldn't trade him right now.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 28, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)

I think the reason that he hasn't looked as good as he can be is because of the inconsistant use of him. If he were to be used on a consistant basis (like he would as a starter), he would be much more effective. But alas, he has been used inconsistantly, which has got to be tough for a young pitcher who has gone his entire pro ball career as a starter, before finally being told late 2005 that he would be coming out of the pen.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 28, 2006 -> 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just trying to be realistic. The O's would want a major league starter, and I doubt they would want Garland (why would he waive his no trade clause anyways,) and we have a long commitment to 5 starters already (I think Buehrle will be taken care of after this season.)

I'm just not too impressed with Brandon in the short relief role, but I would still like him on our roster.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Felix @ May 28, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
I think the reason that he hasn't looked as good as he can be is because of the inconsistant use of him. If he were to be used on a consistant basis (like he would as a starter), he would be much more effective. But alas, he has been used inconsistantly, which has got to be tough for a young pitcher who has gone his entire pro ball career as a starter, before finally being told late 2005 that he would be coming out of the pen.

I agree. If they use him more,I believe he will be fine.