Huskies coach could be next fired

southsider2k5

My theory is whats the big deal. Who gives a damn about a college basketball pool. Everyone does something like that. You put in 10 bucks and have a shot to win a couple hundred. Its just a way of having fun. Its not like he's the Huskies basketball coach.

My theory is whats the big deal.  Who gives a damn about a college basketball pool.  Everyone does something like that.  You put in 10 bucks and have a shot to win a couple hundred.  Its just a way of having fun.  Its not like he's the Huskies basketball coach.

Only they were talking about a $5000 bet, not $10.

Not a pool, a Calcutta style tournament. Basically each team is auctioned off with the high bidder "owning" that team. Most Member-Guest golf tournaments at private clubs use that format. The one big difference I see between this and a "draw a team" pool or bracket pool is you aren't just getting a team at random. You have to decide how much you are willing to bet on that team. It's not like everyone tosses in $10 or $100 or $1000 dollars. I might bid and win Gonzaga for $100 and Texas A&M for $250 and you might have Texas last year for $5000 and Notre Dame for $2000. Plus only one person or betting group will have that team. This type of betting is a notch or two above a normal office pool (and more fun) but less than placing a bet with a bookie.

I see some sort of suspension. He ain't walking away scott free.