CWS: Playoffs will be starting soon

Chisoxfn

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 02:33 AM)
10-3, 3 outs to go for the Titans.

Uh oh Jason, we could have a rematch. Last year your Titans knocked out my Tigers. If Mizzou can win tomorrow we'd get a 3 game set in Fullerton. That would be awesome.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 02:01 AM)
Uh oh Jason, we could have a rematch. Last year your Titans knocked out my Tigers. If Mizzou can win tomorrow we'd get a 3 game set in Fullerton. That would be awesome.

Scherzer scares the hell out of me.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
Scherzer scares the hell out of me.

Let's do it Jason! :D The Tigers won 8-3 today without Scherzer pitching at all. Scherzer and Culp will get the first two games in Fullerton. Enjoy. :P

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Let's do it Jason! :D The Tigers won 8-3 today without Scherzer pitching at all. Scherzer and Culp will get the first two games in Fullerton. Enjoy. :P

Its going to be good times. Scherzer vs Roemer potentially on Friday. :drink

Clemson looked like they were going to Beat Oral Roberts, but in the 9th inning with 2 outs Roberts got a rally going and tied the game and has now taken the lead. Clemson needs a run in the bottom of the 9th to send it to extra's.

Been a great game.

What a shocker. Oral Roberts scores 3 in the top of the 9th at #1 Clemson after there were 2 outs, it's now 8-7 Oral Roberts in the bottom of the 9th of game 1 of the best of 3 super regional.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 05:17 PM)
Clemson looked like they were going to Beat Oral Roberts, but in the 9th inning with 2 outs Roberts got a rally going and tied the game and has now taken the lead. Clemson needs a run in the bottom of the 9th to send it to extra's.

Been a great game.

Haha beat me to it.

One of the best bunters in the collegiate game (Bradshaw) drops a bunt for a single and now you have runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. A single may tie this game, double will probalby score it and the 3rd and 4th hitters are due up.

Wow, Old Roberts shortstop made a tremendous play to keep the ball in the infield, but couldn't get an out (did save the tie for now). However, bases juiced with 1 out now for Clemson.

7-6 ORU

The Cubs 1st round pick, Tyler Colvin, is now up at the plate. Very good hitter and he just won the game with a walkoff grandslam.

WOWZA, awesome game.

Wow, Oral Roberts is done. They lose 11-8 on a walk off grand slam homer by Tyler Colvin. What a punch to the gut, have your dominating closer out there and he just gets owned. #1 escapes having 2 straight must win games. I hope Colvin enjoys it, he'll never hit a homer bigger than that unless of course he signs with somebody other than the Cubs once he's eligible for free agency. :)

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Sweet game about to start here with Miller starting for UNC and he'll be going against Lablanc of Bama (another very good pitcher).

Bard will pitch tomorrow. UNC has the type of rotation that could flat out dominate the playoffs and lead them to a national championship.

BA cracks me up. Miller looks like he's found his control, but I've yet to see him throw a FB over 91 MPH. His slider is filthy though (got does it have some left to right break to it).

Not saying Miller isn't really good, just laughing at how he is "supposed" to throw in the upper 90's. That said I understand velocity is often lower in the CWS because the pitchers are tired and are often worked a little harder than they are used to.

The gun could also be a couple ticks off. Miller looks like he's gotten settled in though (had control problems in the 1st).

Its official Dan:

Roemer will face Missouri's Max Schurzer tonight at 7 p.m. in the opening game of the 2006 Super Regional at Goodwin Field.

Gonna be a great booth on ESPN:

Karros will be there and apparently Robin Ventura may very well be there for Sat and Sunday's games.

"For the second year in a row, Cal State Fullerton will also be hosting ESPN as they broadcast the entire Fullerton Super Regional live on ESPN2 and/or ESPNU. Follow all the action from home as Dan Pasch and former Los Angeles Dodger/UCLA Bruin, Eric Karros bring you all the action from Goodwin Field. Another former Dodger and former Oklahoma State standout Robin Ventura may join the booth on Saturday night bringing additional color to the broadcast."

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
BA cracks me up. Miller looks like he's found his control, but I've yet to see him throw a FB over 91 MPH. His slider is filthy though (got does it have some left to right break to it).

Not saying Miller isn't really good, just laughing at how he is "supposed" to throw in the upper 90's. That said I understand velocity is often lower in the CWS because the pitchers are tired and are often worked a little harder than they are used to.

The gun could also be a couple ticks off. Miller looks like he's gotten settled in though (had control problems in the 1st).

I watched pretty much that whole game, and he was throwing in the mid-90's the first inning or two. He had some control problems, and it looked like his velocity dropped after that.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
I watched pretty much that whole game, and he was throwing in the mid-90's the first inning or two. He had some control problems, and it looked like his velocity dropped after that.

Mid 90's, maybe your gun was different but it got as high as 92 all game. However, it should be noted that Bama's pitcher was as high as 85 and he throws in the upper 80's to low 90's so my guess is the gun was off a bit.

His offspeed stuff was great though.

Fullerton defeats Scherzer and Mizzu in game 1. Scherzer was absolutely amazing for the 1st 5 innings (took a perfect game into there). Was up 0-2 1-2 all game, but eventually he wore down and at one point he was looking to his coach after every pitch to get out. The Titans jumped on him, got some runs and than really teed off on the Tigers pen.

Sad thing was Scherzer could have ran away with this game as the Tigers had about 9 hits in the first 3-4 innings off Roemer (who was really bad early on and than like most great pitchers do when a team fails to take advantage, he shut em down the rest of the way).

But boy oh boy was I impressed with Max. Problem is I think he's going to have some injury issues in his career. You can tell he's still hurt and right now he isn't in the shape to go deep into games (or so it would appear).

That was typical Mizzou baseball before the last few weeks of the season. Offense blows and can't execute RISP. Jamieson left his starter in too long and the bullpen blows. Yeah, that's about right. f***ing hell. There is no way Mizzou should have lost that game. It should have been 4-0 early on without Mizzou adding any hits. Scherzer leaves during the 7th before the 2nd run scores and Wendte comes in (Mizzou's best reliever, Parker is garbage) and locks it down maybe letting in the 2nd run at most.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)
That was typical Mizzou baseball before the last few weeks of the season. Offense blows and can't execute RISP. Jamieson left his starter in too long and the bullpen blows. Yeah, that's about right. f***ing hell. There is no way Mizzou should have lost that game. It should have been 4-0 early on without Mizzou adding any hits. Scherzer leaves during the 7th before the 2nd run scores and Wendte comes in (Mizzou's best reliever, Parker is garbage) and locks it down maybe letting in the 2nd run at most.

Angry? ;)

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)

Your manager is freaking terrible or at least was tonight. Leaving in Scherzer when he was openly pissed off about being out there (it looked like they had to pretty much convince him to throw more pitches) to face a lefty (when you guys had a left in the pen) and than Scherzer gives up another hit, they pull him (he quickly walks off the mound) and they bring in the lefty to face a righty and the flood gates were opened.

We could have scored a few more runs. In all defense to one of your guys innings (where you stranded a bunch of runners) Roemer gave up two dink hits and than we had an error, of course most of your guys hits were frozen ropes and I have no idea how he was able to pitch around them (early on in the game).

Your relievers looked like garbage (that said you may not have had your best guys in and I think you alluded to that) and Scherzer right now appears to be a 5-6 inning pitcher (although he's dominate during that time). That said you guys have Culp going tomorrow and he should give you at least a shot at sending this game to Sunday . We'll have Gagnier on the bump.