Sox @ Indians (May 29 @ 12:05 p.m. CT)

SSH2005

What makes you say that? I think that he has been pretty darn good over there.

Haha, are you serious? He just waved Konerko around 3rd base when Jason Michaels already had the ball. Cora just got extrememly lucky. He's an awful 3rd base coach.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ May 29, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Exactly. Give it up for one AB. He's widely considered the best defensive SS in the AL. It's not even June.

He is? Maybe by Sox fans that actually watch him play, but I'd say that most of the media don't think he's the best SS.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ May 29, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Exactly. Give it up for one AB. He's widely considered the best defensive SS in the AL. It's not even June.

Widely? I've never heard anyone outside of Soxtalk bring his name up as best defensive SS.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 29, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
He is? Maybe by Sox fans that actually watch him play, but I'd say that most of the media don't think he's the best SS.

He hasn't been the best SS this year. He's cost us some key runs in some big situations.

CREDE!

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 29, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
Haha, are you serious? He just waved Konerko around 3rd base when Jason Michaels already had the ball. Cora just got extrememly lucky. He's an awful 3rd base coach.

Yes, I am serious. How many Sox players have you seen get thrown out at home?

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 29, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
Did Thome play 1st base for all of his career in Cleveland? Or was he like Frank?

He played third for several seasons until he moved to first. He's a better firstbaseman than Frank ever was, although not exactly gold glove material.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 29, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
He played third for several seasons until he moved to first. He's a better firstbaseman than Frank ever was, although not exactly gold glove material.

But I mean, did he finish his career in Cleveland as the DH like Frank did for us?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 29, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
Vandy, I am with you. Sure Hawk slurps him, but he does bring up a good point. THere is a point when time after time it stops being luck.

*gasp* I agree as well!

I think that he takes a lot of risks that don't seem smart, but they usually work out. He seems to know what he's doing.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 29, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
Vandy, I am with you. Sure Hawk slurps him, but he does bring up a good point. THere is a point when time after time it stops being luck.

That's what I think too. I think that he has a good idea of what the situation is and makes his own breaks by being aggressive. He makes them make a play.