• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ May 30, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
ozzie looks PISSED

well we cant f***in execute to save our f***in life right now

like i mentioned a million times, it comes down to the bunt gooch couldnt put down and the missed tag that paulie totally messed up.

Pods should have been running on the first pitch. Then Cintron could have moved him to third. Of course if Mackowiak isn't going to swing it really doesn't matter. I wish they would have left Pablo in. You know if they get him out, its going to be hacking.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ May 30, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
lots of blame to go around, but cintron not letting Pods steal second and then moving him to third is just incredibly stupid.

yeah thats the biggest disappointment for me of the game...

Ozzie just isn't a good in-game manager.

Politte should no longer have a place on this team. BA is pathetic. And Uribe is awful, but I have no idea what they could do about any of these problems.

Every single player besides Thornton and Ozuna deserved to lose today.

What a garbage display.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 31, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
Who would you pinch hit him for? I don't think the fielding would woufk.

You have him bat for Ozuna. Mackowiak would have still been on the bench, so you don't have to worry about that. Of course....this was another example of why Gload is absolutely worthless on this team.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ May 30, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
lots of blame to go around, but cintron not letting Pods steal second and then moving him to third is just incredibly stupid.

exactly:martinez cant throw anyone out to save his life. someone should have mentioned that to alex, "hey take a few pitches, let scootty steal a base"

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
You have him bat for Ozuna. Mackowiak would have still been on the bench, so you don't have to worry about that. Of course....this was another example of why Gload is absolutely worthless on this team.

it is pretty ridiculous to keep him and never use him

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)

Mack is our pinch hitter. Plus, Mack is .296 with RISP, AJ is .195.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ May 30, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
Ozzie needs to go in the clubhouse, flip over the food table, throw some bats, and chew the players out ala Danny Glover in Angels in the Outfield.

he really does, we cant keep playing like the scrubs. im positive KW will make some moves, this team cant stay the way it is

I think the Uribe negativity is a little over the top. I agree that Gload is basically wasting a spot on the team, although he can hit. This is another tough loss like Saturday. I still say the Iguchi pop out bunt was big in the third. I also don't know why he goes up and swings at the first pitch. Easy for me to say though. Hopefully Jose is his usual self tomorrow and the bats are back. Go Rivera tonight@!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 31, 2006 -> 01:58 AM)
Mack is our pinch hitter. Plus, Mack is .296 with RISP, AJ is .195.

I have no problem with Mackowiak batting, but Cintron's the one who should have never been hitting in that situation.

QUOTE(PeoriaSoxFan @ May 30, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
I think the Uribe negativity is a little over the top. I agree that Gload is basically wasting a spot on the team, although he can hit. This is another tough loss like Saturday. I still say the Iguchi pop out bunt was big in the third. I also don't know why he goes up and swings at the first pitch. Easy for me to say though. Hopefully Jose is his usual self tomorrow and the bats are back. Go Rivera tonight@!

isnt freddy going tomarrow?

Guest JimH
How do you not have AJP bat for either Anderson or Ozuna?

You had Podsednik up batting for Ozuna, that was a good move.

You had Cintron up there, a good contact hitter, his job was to move the runner over but he just didn't execute. He swung at the first pitch and the rationale was if Cintron failed to execute then you have him try to steal (which he did). If Pierzynski failed to execute no way was he gonna try to steal. It was a safeguard move.

Then it's a choice of Mackowiak or Pierzynski and I can't argue with that call. Mackowiak has always been a decent pinch hitter, but he didn't execute either, he got out thought and aced.

It wasn't managing, as much as you like to blame it on that. It was poor execution by a number of players.