Condolences to Kalapse

Kalapse

Well, my Grandmother passed away last night, she was 94 and it was expected but that doesn't really seem to make me feel any better. I found out this morning at about 2 AM, I havn't slept since and probably won't be anytime soon. No matter how much you prepare yourself for these things, when it finally happens it's hard to not let it adversely affect you.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 29, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
Well, my Grandmother passed away last night, she was 94 and it was expected but that doesn't really seem to make me feel any better. I found out this morning at about 2 AM, I havn't slept since and probably won't be anytime soon. No matter how much you prepare yourself for these things, when it finally happens it's hard to not let it adversely affect you.

Sorry to hear that man.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 29, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)

Condolences to you and your family Kalapse.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 29, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)

So sorry to hear that Kalapse.

Sorry to hear that Kalapse. Imagine all she saw in her lifetime. The birth of TV, too many wars, computers, everyone having automobiles, and so much more. It sounds like you were close, what was she like?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 29, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)

Hey Kalapse

Really sorry to hear about that. I know nothing I can say can make things better, but just know we are all pulling for you and wishing you and your family the best during this grieving period. :pray

I'd just like to thank everyone for their kind words and wishes.

We've been pretty busy over the past few days getting everything squared away and I've really been able to reflect upon this event. She really was a good woman, not exactly the sweet old grandma type, more of a crazy old Italian woman who was incredibly fun to be around. Her mind was sturdy right up through the final years of her life which was remarkable in its own right. She was at peace with her impendig death right up through her final days which did help ease the pain of losing her and I do feel a whole hell of a lot better than I did yesterday.

Surprisingly most of my family has taken it pretty well, I think a lot of them had come to grips with inevitable. These past few days have been about reflection mostly and I feel I have learned and grown stronger from the experience.

Also, I do feel I am back to my same smartass self so that's a positive.