A Few Years, and Then Another Bush?

IggyD

Bush III? Or has the dynasty run its course?

Will there be a third President Bush? Not next term, Jeb Bush says.

Those are the questions some Republicans are asking themselves as political talk bubbles up yet again about President Bush's brother Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida and his interest in the White House. The chief driver of the mini-buzz is the current occupant of the White House, who has said twice this month that his younger brother would make "a great president."

Full story here

QUOTE(IggyD @ May 30, 2006 -> 03:14 AM)
Bush III? Or has the dynasty run its course?

Will there be a third President Bush? Not next term, Jeb Bush says.

Those are the questions some Republicans are asking themselves as political talk bubbles up yet again about President Bush's brother Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida and his interest in the White House. The chief driver of the mini-buzz is the current occupant of the White House, who has said twice this month that his younger brother would make "a great president."

Full story here

So do you also have a problem with 'dynasties' like Clinton v2.0? Or is it just with Bushies?

Edited by EvilMonkey

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ May 29, 2006 -> 10:34 PM)
So do you also have a problem with 'dynasties' like Clinton v2.0? Or is it just with Bushies?

Good question Evil..thanks.

I assume you mean Hillary...no thanks

I am against ANY President/Administration that usurps the Constitution and the separation of powers. I am against any Congressional House that allows these powers to be merged into one branch. All these things done by Congress and the President after 9-11 are in violation of the Constitution and us Americans. By taking away our 1st and 4th amendment rights (without an amendment to the constitution) does nothing to stop terrorism, and is an attack on our way of life, our values, and us We The People. Even if this was not the intention of this administration, it leaves the door open for tragic abuse in the future by any nut job that may be elected. Where do these un-questioning powers end for a President? The sole purpose for our government is to do OUR bidding, we have been losing our control to the politicians and corporate special interests for decades, but within the last 12/16 years it has rapidly attacked our control/rights of self-governing.

So, when do we start to be concerned? At this time we already do not have any right to protest near the president. Why? I understand it does not look good for photo-ops, but too bad so sad. Do a better job and those things would not happen. When only supporters are allowed into a public area and protesters are sometimes kept 10 miles away, where are our rights now to voice? That is no more than control/suppression of our right to assembly and redress. Too many people have fallen into this; “our Government” can do no wrong mentality. I said it before (All Parties Apply) power corrupts and Absolute power corrupts Absolutely. It is for us to take back this power to end the corruption that has run amuck (both sides again). I know many feel that is an attack on them because they support one or the other. They must stand back and think like our founding fathers and what is best for this nation of citizens and not the party. A political parties top agenda is survival, not the good of the people. Our founding fathers constructed this system, which is the only one of its type in the world for good reason. They knew having come from a democratic system that had Absolute power and what it did to them. We are now seeing a reverse of what they put in place to protect us as the owners of this Country.

Edited by IggyD

So what do you propose? And I don't want to see some cut and paste whacko job, either. What do YOU propose that we do in our current form of election politics and the cycles that have formed around them?

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 30, 2006 -> 02:36 AM)
Don't they wanna make him commissioner of the NFL?

I've heard clarification on that, and it was basically still at the informal level, the NFL seeing if he was interested in the position but not a formal offer of the position.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 30, 2006 -> 09:23 AM)
I've heard clarification on that, and it was basically still at the informal level, the NFL seeing if he was interested in the position but not a formal offer of the position.

And he supposedly said he wasn't interested.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 30, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
So what do you propose? And I don't want to see some cut and paste whacko job, either. What do YOU propose that we do in our current form of election politics and the cycles that have formed around them?

Ok...IMHO...the only thing we can do is bring in a party (outside of the 2 we now have) that has our values and/or at least the ones that will not hurt us, will bring back Constitutional Law/Rule. I suggest everyone must look at alternative parties. I have found one that supports most (90%) of my beliefs for this.

At the same time we must push for publicly funded elections at all levels of government. This will actually be cheaper in the end as the money will not go to special interest and pork. It will keep our elected officials working for us and not trying to do dirty deeds, you wash my back I’ll wash yours type of things to get campaign money.

What that will do is shake up the 2 party systems and tell them WE will not allow this. You will then see all who say they are there for the people actually mean it and make change for us and not the world or corporations.

We support this world. Yet, the entire world hates us, dogs us at every turn. Now imagine, no more aid for their military, or other causes. I am not talking humanitarian aid, even though we really do not give as much from the Government as we do as citizens. We as a people have the biggest hearts in the entire world and give billions every year. Lets take care of home for a few years and see how the world reacts.

Yes, finding a party that has all your values will be tough, however, it must be done for the good as a whole for at least 1 term in the federal election.

If people from both parties did this...WOAH...Then both parties would be what we always wanted, keep their promises and be "FOR THE PEOPLE".