Snow Day!

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 30, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
Nice pick.

Absolutely. Paulson has long been an avid Kyoto supporter, and has made cogent arguments as to why our non-participation has hurt us economically. He serves on the board of TNC, so his green-ness is more than superficial.

As diametrically opposed as his views are to those usually laid out by BushCo, I would never have believed they'd have allowed Paulson as a nominee.

Here's to somebody not doing their homework! :cheers

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 30, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
They did do their homework, and I think this is for a (big) reason.

Elaborate on that line of reasoning, if possible. I'm sure this nomination has lots of GOPers and industry people ticked off. Is tthat by design?

He's going to be a miserable man.

He's a profound thinker -- and that's why he's f***ed. He looks to me like a Paul O'Neill Redux.

Bush isn't going to change a damn thing because of him and don't you get fooled into thinking otherwise. Better men, smarter men, more moderate men have made it into his Cabinet only to be ostracized. There's no thought that matters more than Dubya's first impression, no argument stronger than one by Karl Rove.

Don't bulls*** yourselves into believing he's a nice pick. It's a political pick, but it means s*** about policies.

Cynical? No. I'm going by his track record. This is Paul O'Neill!! (Read The Price of Loyalty.)

George W. Bush, May 25th.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Secretary of Treasury Snow?

Q Has he given you any indication he intends to leave his job any time soon?…

PRESIDENT BUSH: No, he has not talked to me about resignation. I think he’s doing a fine job.

White House Press Sec. Tony Snow, today.

QUESTION: Do you have any tick tock on the Paulson…

SNOW: Yes. The tick tock is the two of them met on the 20th of May and there was a conversation. And Hank Paulson accepted the job a day later. That was subject to clearance. It does take time, especially for a Senate confirmable position, to complete those. So it did take time to get some of those clearances wrapped up.

:D

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 30, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
Wasn't that just a nice way of the President saying that Secretary Snow got the s*** can?

I would say so.

Mr. Snow hasn't said anything about leaving, which doesn't mean we haven't decided he's already gone.