Score reports Backman will replace Manuel

Rex Hudler

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone give me some background on Wally Beckman!

Rex could comment more than me since he sees a lot of game. Backman is a guy with a lot of fire, and plays little ball well. I've heard a lot of crazy stories..

Rex could comment more than me since he sees a lot of game. Backman is a guy with a lot of fire, and plays little ball well. I've heard a lot of crazy stories..

He's also currently manager of the Birmingham Barons, the Sox's AA affiliate and defending Southern League champions.

That's why I asked if anyone up there had heard it. I spoke with a buddy in the Barons office who had talked to Wally and it was news to him, so it is likely a bunch a crap or they a hedging their bet on the Sox losing the next few games.

I didn't hear it on the Score, but I was told it was reported. I was also told not too long ago that Wally was planning on being in Jackson TN and no one had said anything to him about going to Chicago.

That's why I asked if anyone up there had heard it.  I spoke with a buddy in the Barons office who had talked to Wally and it was news to him, so it is likely a bunch a crap or they a hedging their bet on the Sox losing the next few games.

I didn't hear it on the Score, but I was told it was reported.  I was also told not too long ago that Wally was planning on being in Jackson TN and  no one had said anything to him about going to Chicago.

It's possible since Jerry lives in the area that he decided to can him. Reinsdorf likes to keep things very quiet, so it wouldn't shock me if they hadn't told Backman yet.

I'd love to see it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

That's why I asked if anyone up there had heard it.  I spoke with a buddy in the Barons office who had talked to Wally and it was news to him, so it is likely a bunch a crap or they a hedging their bet on the Sox losing the next few games.

I didn't hear it on the Score, but I was told it was reported.  I was also told not too long ago that Wally was planning on being in Jackson TN and  no one had said anything to him about going to Chicago.

It's possible since Jerry lives in the area that he decided to can him. Reinsdorf likes to keep thing very quiet, so it wouldn't shock me if they hadn't told Backman yet.

I'd love to see it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

If Jerry likes to keep things quiet, and they haven't told Backman yet, then how the hell would the Score be able to report it??

Sounds like typical sports radio crap to me.

If Jerry likes to keep things quiet, and they haven't told Backman yet, then how the hell would the Score be able to report it??

Sounds like typical sports radio crap to me.

Ugh, way to make me look bad Rex. :o

LOL Sorry

I was just trying to figure out if anyone in Chicago other than the person who told the person that told me, had heard it.

If the Sox continue to lose, I don't think it is far-fetched. I just still question the KW-Backman combination.

Guest hotsoxchick1

havent heard of such a thing.. of course then again i dont listen to the score cause they are full of s*** all the time....... they are not a very reliable resource when tryin to find out something im afraid.....and mike north is the most over paid piece of reporting s*** in this town next to marriotti...............but north spewes more speculation than facts and mariotti at least tries to get a few facts in his column from time to time.......... :D...backman will be up in due time.... but i keep tellin you guys and you dont listen.. jm is a jr guy and is not going anywhere till at least if at all the end of the season........

havent heard of such a thing.. of course then again i dont listen to the score cause they are full of s*** all the time....... they are not a very reliable resource when tryin to find out something im afraid.....and mike north is the most over paid piece of reporting s*** in this town next to marriotti...............but north spewes more speculation than facts and mariotti at least tries to get a few facts in his column from time to time.......... :D...backman will be up in due time.... but i keep tellin you guys and you dont listen.. jm is a jr guy and is not going anywhere till at least  if at all the end of the season........

when are we gonna get a KW update? The doubt it starting to set in for me, cause he apparatly cleaned his office out a looooooooong time ago......

Guest hotsoxchick1

im waiting on a few emails to come back with a few questions answered on them ..... kw did manage to get the kids court date pushed back again........postponed.....must be raining in south carolina court rooms lately.....lol.....anyhow let me put it to you this way.... how come you think there hasnt been any moves made yet, as far as dumping and improving...??????? let the next huge press conference that comes out of the south side tell ya why...........sit loose.. its coming......

im waiting on a few emails to come back with a few questions answered on them ..... kw did manage to get the kids court date pushed back again........postponed.....must be raining in south carolina court rooms lately.....lol.....anyhow let me put it to you this way.... how come you think there hasnt been any moves made yet, as far as dumping and improving...??????? let the next huge press conference that comes out of the south side tell ya why...........sit loose.. its coming......

Man, HSC, you're like a woman getting ready for a date....I'm almost ready...just a little longer..... :P :P ;) ;)

j/k

Guest hotsoxchick1
Man, HSC, you're like a woman getting ready for a date....I'm almost ready...just a little longer..... :P  :P  ;)  ;)

j/k

yeah well all good things come to those who wait.............ive been waiting a long time...i expect the good to come in leaps and bounds......... :D

btw, i get ready faster than things move in the sox front office......just an fyi.......lol ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

ahh they just started up the rumors again to take the heat off shamme and his corked bat...........jm isnt going anywhere..........