Bush, Where does he go from here?

Texsox

I am thinking about Dubya and if he's having any fun and what could his crusade be. It's about the time he thinks about his legacy, dynasty building, making a lasting impact, and instead I see a man who can not be having fun. His terms will be run against a time line of death and misery, not all of his making. Tsunamis, terrorists, hurricanes, war, a festering immigration problem suddenly rears its head. So where does he go from here?

A shake up in the cabinet may be a temporary boost for him, but he can't be having any fun. No more flights onto a carrier.

I still believe he is a good man. I think he's just running out this term without something to really ignite him. Are we still looking for Bin Laden? Maybe catching him would be something. I'm at a lost here. I think both parties are also drifting, waiting for the next big election.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 30, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
Maybe he buys the Cubs? I dunno how else he could become more hated...

I think hate is too strong a word, but maybe I am insulated here. I almost feel sorry for him. What a terrible time to be President. One natural and/or man made disaster after another. What could he be looking forward to? Actually, I do feel sorry for him.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 30, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
I think hate is too strong a word, but maybe I am insulated here. I almost feel sorry for him. What a terrible time to be President. One natural and/or man made disaster after another. What could he be looking forward to? Actually, I do feel sorry for him.

His father was President.

He knew what he was getting himself into.

I feel sorry for all of us, who have to suffer through his incompetence, and that's not just about Iraq or Katrina, either.

Read The Price of Loyalty and tell me you don't feel sorry for this country. Bush embarrasses me in ways that only Jimmy Carter can rival.

And neither of them belonged in the Oval Office.

PS: He goes fly fishing all the time. Spends much time at his ranch.

He's having fun. He has fun.

He doesn't read through many of his memos, by all accounts. He leaves the heavy lifting to his political advisors. He allows Donald Rumsfeld free hand over Iraq.

He might not be party hahaha happy, but he's okay. I'd be, too, if other people were making my mistakes for me, I didn't do much reading, had an excellent cooking staff and went on vacation frequently.