Clemens Good For Baseball

Texsox

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is Clemens sitting out then playing good for baseball

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't make a difference

Is Clemens sitting out then playing the back end of the season good for baseball? Will other players just play the last four months?

I don't like the trend, although I am a big Rocket fan and the Astros are my #2 team.

I really hate Clemens, but I don't think its good for baseball either. I think it was Kruk who was talking about it on BBTN not too long ago, saying something along the lines of if you get paid 300k for 12 months of work, wouldn't you rather be paid a reasonable amount for only 4 months of work?

I think that it could lead to players doing this, although I don't think its something that will happen. Still, there should be some sort of rule preventing this somehow.

Well other than the fact that he's a juicer that is never called out since he's a pitcher, is playing possum with a bunch of teams and using them all only to get more money from the Astros, and may have waited a bit long to give the Astros their best chance to win......yeah he's great for baseball. lol.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 30, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
Well other than the fact that he's a juicer that is never called out since he's a pitcher, is playing possum with a bunch of teams and using them all only to get more money from the Astros, and may have waited a bit long to give the Astros their best chance to win......yeah he's great for baseball. lol.

And your proof that he's a juicer?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 30, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
And your proof that he's a juicer?

A pair of eyes, performance into his 40's, and common sense. I don't have court documents like with Barry, but he's a pretty obvious case. However that won't stop me from being berated for saying it since he's not a hitter.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 30, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
A pair of eyes, performance into his 40's, and common sense. I don't have court documents like with Barry, but he's a pretty obvious case. However that won't stop me from being berated for saying it since he's not a hitter.

Haha I love how you do that with everything. You go off the deep end with absolutely everything (race, the Cubs, steroids, Frank, Illinois/White Sox losses....shall I go on?), but you put that little tag on everything. So it makes everything all better. :rolly

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 30, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)

Maybe he's just good? If playing (effectively) into your 40's determines who's on the roids, then Maddux, Franco, Randy Johnson, ect are all on the roids too?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 30, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
Haha I love how you do that with everything. You go off the deep end with absolutely everything (race, the Cubs, steroids, Frank, Illinois/White Sox losses....shall I go on?), but you put that little tag on everything. So it makes everything all better. :rolly

Nope doesn't make things all better at all. And I don't ALWAYS go off the deep end, however anytime I step out I do get ripped on like crazy, not always justified (to me, Clemens is pretty obvious). That's all.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 30, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
I really hate Clemens, but I don't think its good for baseball either. I think it was Kruk who was talking about it on BBTN not too long ago, saying something along the lines of if you get paid 300k for 12 months of work, wouldn't you rather be paid a reasonable amount for only 4 months of work?

I think that it could lead to players doing this, although I don't think its something that will happen. Still, there should be some sort of rule preventing this somehow.

I was watching the same exact thing...i've thought clemens sitting out was plain stupidity anyway, maybe it's because i could give 2 s***s about clemens. It's this whole, i've been there and done that so now i can do what the whatever i want bs.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 30, 2006 -> 11:37 PM)
Nope doesn't make things all better at all. And I don't ALWAYS go off the deep end, however anytime I step out I do get ripped on like crazy, not always justified (to me, Clemens is pretty obvious). That's all.

Well if you're going to dish it out with your extreme opinions, you better be just as willing to take it too. I've seen this one especially a bunch with you: "I'm in no way racist, BUT...." Putting a little tag on the end to say "Oh, now everyone's going to be on my case, lalalalala." is not exactly the best way for people to respect your opinion.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 30, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)

ITS A CONSPIRACY I TELL YA! THE REFS ARE OUT TO GET ILLINOIS!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 30, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)

I'd like to see the lack of regression after testing began to be explained then. I would also like to hear how he stayed so healthy over the years while juicing and playing the most injury prone position even without steroids?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2006 -> 05:43 AM)
I'd like to see the lack of regression after testing began to be explained then. I would also like to hear how he stayed so healthy over the years while juicing and playing the most injury prone position even without steroids?

^^^

Rocket had arguably his best year last season... at the age of 43 and when steroid tests had already been implemented. Wow...

Clemens on the mound is good for baseball. He's one of the all-time greats.