Its Time For The Josh Fields Era To Begin...........

Thunderin'Thome

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Josh Fields is batting .326 with eight home runs and 23 RBIs in his first 39 games with Triple-A Charlotte. He has been playing third, but that could change if he continues to develop hitting as quickly as he has in his first seven weeks with the Knights.

Fields could switch to the outfield.

"We might have to consider this for Fields, simply because Joe is at third base, and Joe is the best in the business," general manager Ken Williams said....

"[Fields] is a good athlete," Williams said of the former Oklahoma State quarterback. "… We may be forced [to switch his position] because Josh is coming, and he's coming fast."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* So Fields would come up and move to LF.

* Podsdnik would move back to CF (his natural position)

* Then Send Anderson to AAA so he can idk, "find himself".

I think its a good idea. :gosox3:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I severly doubt our organization rushes Fields. Especially when you consider he's only played a handful of games in LF.

Another problem is expectations. Do you believe he'll hit immediately upon promotion? I doubt it. Hell, he may hit .230 with several HR's, but now how's his OF defense?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 30, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)
I severly doubt our organization rushes Fields. Especially when you consider he's only played a handful of games in LF.

Another problem is expectations. Do you believe he'll hit immediately upon promotion? I doubt it. Hell, he may hit .230 with several HR's, but now how's his OF defense?

Has he even played any out there yet?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 30, 2006 -> 11:56 PM)
So, you're willing to start a guy in the majors who has never played in left and one who is shoddy defensively in left to shift to a much tougher task in center?

Makes sense to me.

i hope that wasn't directed at me, but if it was, i agree with you i don't think its a good idea to move fields up and put him in left, and podsednik in cf.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 30, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)

Well .230 with several HR's would be a marked improvement over Brian Anderson.

Brian Anderson hits weak groundballs on the first pitch he sees usually. Even Ozzie himself is saying he is not giving him quality AB's.

Look, the words are from Kenny Williams himself saying we need to make "room for him" somehow. I'm sure he knows alot more about baseball than any of us.

QUOTE(Thunderin @ May 31, 2006 -> 12:09 AM)
Well .230 with several HR's would be a marked improvement over Brian Anderson.

Brian Anderson hits weak groundballs on the first pitch he sees usually. Even Ozzie himself is saying he is not giving him quality AB's.

Look, the words are from Kenny Williams himself saying we need to make "room for him" somehow. I'm sure he knows alot more about baseball than any of us.

This team would lose so many games with defense in the outfield if that happened. That outfield would seriously be comedic to watch.

I have seen highlights of Pods playing center with the Brewers. And he made some decent catches. I think you guys seriously undeerate him.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 31, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)
Fields might lead baseball in strikeouts that way. Seriously dumb idea.

In what way would he lead the league in strikeouts? Please explain.

QUOTE(Thunderin @ May 31, 2006 -> 12:16 AM)
I have seen highlights of Pods playing center with the Brewers. And he made some decent catches. I think you guys seriously undeerate him.

He's struck out 52 times in 45 AAA games. He's always been a high K rate guy.

Plus he's never played the outfield.

He's striking out in 33% of his at-bats in AAA. Anderson, the player you're dying to get rid of struck out at a rate of only about 25% of his at-bats. Big league pitchers will exploit Fields hole-filled swing even more than Anderson's.

QUOTE(beautox @ May 30, 2006 -> 11:55 PM)
waiting for the Podsednik Cant play CF post from Kalapse in 5...4....3....2....1...

My input isn't really necessary since just about everyone who has ever seen him play CF knows that he's a butcher out there.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 31, 2006 -> 12:22 AM)
He's striking out in 33% of his at-bats in AAA. Anderson, the player you're dying to get rid of struck out at a rate of only about 25% of his at-bats. Big league pitchers will exploit Fields hole-filled swing even more than Anderson's.

A better question is, why does all of our hitting prospects come up with long and looping swings.

The first hitter to break the long and looping swing streak will be Sweeney when he comes up.

You mean those plays when he imediately freezes/breaks straight back as soon as the ball is hit then uses his above average cosing speed to get to about 10% of those balls he missplays and dives to catch them earning him kudos from the f***tards on ESPN?

The guy is seriously bad out there, if the Brewers had anyone that could have played a half way decent CF, he would have been playing LF for them in '04. The guy also hasn't played the position in 1.3 years, it may not be the best idea to imediately thrust him back into CF right away but I'm sure some quote from Kenny Williams that could be interpreted in many different ways is clearcut evidence that he's on his way back to CF.