Paulsen, Pay Cut

Texsox

In the last couple of days I've learned a couple of things about Goldman Sachs and Paulsen I didn't know

The corporate culture at Goldman Sachs really does encourage the giving-back-through-public-service role after a decade or so with the company. They are also much more team-oriented than the top-down corporate structure of many of their peers. It's really pretty refreshing.

And another hat tip to Mr. Paulsen, who at least thus far seems to walk it like he talks it:

Mr. Paulson recently set aside $100 million of Goldman stock for a family foundation dedicated to conservation and environmental education, and has said privately that he planned to give away even more of his wealth.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:57 AM)
Goldman Sachs is a bunch of smoke and mirrors, at least from my dealings with them. Believe me, they're just like any other "company".

I was employed for a company that was bought by GMSA and was promised that no layoffs would occur. I was in the unemployment line in 3 months, and within a year 29 of the 30 people in our office were gone.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:04 AM)
I was employed for a company that was bought by GMSA and was promised that no layoffs would occur. I was in the unemployment line in 3 months, and within a year 29 of the 30 people in our office were gone.

Were you all replaced by illegals