Daley allegedly staffed Skyway to avoid his own delays

southsider2k5

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/c...1,1738356.story

Its good to be the King.

City hiring officials made sure Chicago Skyway tollbooths were staffed so Mayor Richard Daley would not get stuck in traffic as he traveled to and from his summer home in Michigan, according to a former Streets and Sanitation personnel director.

Jack Drumgould testified Tuesday in the City Hall corruption trial that he received the advice in 1998 from his predecessor soon after taking over as director of personnel in Streets and Sanitation.

"I took it very seriously," said Drumgould, a witness for the prosecution. "We would try to keep the post filled."

First time I read that headline, I thought it said Delay. Whoops.

Here's what y'all need to do. Find out a time when the Mayor is going to be driving the Skyway. Like 10 minutes beforehand, bulldoze a giant X into the middle of the road.

Damn right Daley should make a stink if he sees something wrong in the city. And damn right city workers who know his travel habits will work to make certain he doesn't see anything out of place. Just like almost every company out there. Move along, no story here . . .

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 31, 2006 -> 01:02 PM)

Here's what y'all need to do. Find out a time when the Mayor is going to be driving the Skyway. Like 10 minutes beforehand, bulldoze a giant X into the middle of the road.

:notworthy

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 31, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)

LMAO

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 31, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)

that would only be fair...LMAO