Center Field Candidate

winninguglyin83

I think Chris Young is going to be a superstar but maybe not even in Arizona. With Justin Upton coming up in center and Quinten in one of the corners, it might not be a situation where Young has a good place to play. I think he's going to be a stud though. The real question is if they would have taken Anderson over Young. I don't know the answer to that. With hindsight everyone here wishes it was Anderson, but I think if we had taken a poll in December over who to keep more than most would have taken Young. You guys are right though that if Javy is good down the stretch then its win-win and we don't have to cry in our beers but Young looks like he could become one of the game's most exciting players

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how fast the love has switched from Jeremy Reed to Chris Young.

I guess this is one of the "downsides" to having a productive (especially with OF over the years) farm system.

Oh, his name is spelled "Vazquez."

Just remember, "double Z."

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:23 AM)
Better make a deal then because Mack full-time in CF will lead to disasters.

That's why it's important to try and move Ross Gload for an OF right now, because at least if Brian Anderson is in AAA (which I am not a fan of doing), you don't have to have Scott Podsednik or Rob Machowiak playing everyday in CF.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
Also I would like to remind people that we are not losing games because of Anderson.

We are losing games for a couple of reasons:

1) Jon Garland has been horrible.

2) Our defense hasn't been very solid.

3) Our bullpen, in spots, has been awful.

Don't remember any games this year where I thought, damn we just lost because of Anderson.

Some of the vets need to pick up the pace. It's not all on BA folks.

Were 6-4 in games Garland has started.. 2 of those losses came from 15 IP and 4 ers, the offenses fault

Ide hardly say the #1 reason we are losing games is because of Garland

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
As the number one Chris Young booster around, it's my sad duty to report that he made it four homers in seven games last night. His seventh dinger.

also doubled -- his 10th.

also stole a base.

Also walked.

Going to be tough watch when this kid finally gets the call to Arizona.

tough, but fun.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
As the number one Chris Young booster around, it's my sad duty to report that he made it four homers in seven games last night. His seventh dinger.

also stole a base.

Also walked.

Why is it tough to watch? Vazquez has already won more games for us than Young would have. Get over it.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)

also stole a base.

Also walked.

Who cares, he isnt a member of this team. There are a lot of prospects who light up the minors, and get boned in the majors. BTW Jeremy Reed says hi.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
Who cares, he isnt a member of this team. There are a lot of prospects who light up the minors, and get boned in the majors. BTW Jeremy Reed says hi.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
Outrageous statement which may be true: If Chris Young had played thus far in the season in place of Brian Anderson, he would be struggling just as bad, if not worse.

Young is better offensively than Anderson, but Anderson is better defensively. There's no doubt in my mind that Young would put up better offensive numbers in the majors if he got the ABs that Anderson has so far.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
Young is better offensively than Anderson, but Anderson is better defensively. There's no doubt in my mind that Young would put up better offensive numbers in the majors if he got the ABs that Anderson has so far.

Dan Pasqua would put up better numbers than Anderson.

Or Jeff Abbott.

Or Julio Ramirez.

I have seen CY a lot this season and was on a roll after coming back from the wrist injury and then took a Dana Evland fastball in the rib cage that set him back a couple weeks. Now Young is back and hitting a ton and made a play in CF that saved a game last week with the tying run at 3rd winning run at 2nd made a full out diving catch in a ball ticketed for the Gap then nailed the runner at 2nd to end it before the tying run could score. This Tucson team is loaded with prospects and is fun to watch.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
Is anyone else excited to watch Young play?? I have no problem with the trade, and wish Young all the best.

Yeah he is a fun player I still think this is a deal that great for both teams for the Sox get a proven starter and winner in Vasquez and the DBacks got a solid experenced reliever and a solid prospect plus dumping 9 million in salary (after the Duke Trade).