White Sox vs. Indians, 5/31/06

Well here we go, as requested, my first game thread of the season...last time out, I won in ST.

Freddo...this is a surprisingly big game. We can't give Cleveland the chance to take 3/4 against us...and with JC on the mound tomorrow, a win today gives us a great chance at winning the series.

Time to take out the trash!

The lineup:

Pods, LF; Cintron, 2B; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Mack, CF; Uribe, SS; Garcia, RHP.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:cheers

We've got a good man on the bump tonight to get a W.

Garcia (7-2, 4.31 ERA) is 3-0 with a 0.82 ERA in his last three starts at Cleveland. He's 5-2 with a 2.60 ERA in his career at Jacobs Field in eight appearances, including seven starts.

:gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox3:

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ May 31, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
interesting that gooch is taking a seat tonight. wonder if that foot's still bothering him.

He was ice cold yesterday too. Some time off probably would do him good.

Time to jump out on Westbrook early and execute well tonight. I am kind of suprised at Cintron getting the nod tonight, considering how pissed Ozzie probably was after his 9th inning brain cramp last night. Regardless, we need to bounce back and win this one...

Freddy should bounce back from his outing Friday night rather well, I would expect. Lets go kick some ass....

:gosox1:

QUOTE(chisox72 @ May 31, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
I am kind of suprised at Cintron getting the nod tonight, considering how pissed Ozzie probably was after his 9th inning brain cramp last night.

i think gooch needs a break, he looked terrible yesterday. even befor the game ed farmer said that iguchi looked tired the day befor and then he goes 0-5 yesterday. we havent done to well against westbrook in the last couple of times weve faced him, it makes sence to put a lefty in.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ May 31, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
interesting that gooch is taking a seat tonight. wonder if that foot's still bothering him.

you're right - it's an important game - a win insures at least a split.

don't pitch to hafner, freddo.

He's been horrible the past few games.

He deserves a few days off.