White Sox vs. Indians, 5/31/06

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
This isn't that surprising. We have 3 major holes in the lineup (LF, CF, SS)...The offense will struggle when the 3-5 slots aren't mashing.

The problem is you can't expect Thome, Konerko and Dye to keep up their current pace.

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
This isn't that surprising. We have 3 major holes in the lineup (LF, CF, SS)...The offense will struggle when the 3-5 slots aren't mashing.

I wouldn't call Podsednik a hole in the lineup.

That's stretching things a bit.

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)

how is there a hole in lf? scottys been ok. but yea, besides 3-5 hitters the rest of the lineup hasnt helped in terms of scoring runs.

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ May 31, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)

Yah, Pods .321 average and 948 OPS in May is a real big hole. :rolly

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
Hopefully every person who ran and ran their mouth about Anderson today just saw Mackowiak try to make that play in center.

Amen. That is why Brian Anderson needs to be out in centerfield.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
Hopefully every person who ran and ran their mouth about Anderson today just saw Mackowiak try to make that play in center.

I ran my mouth, and the reason is that I think there needs to be a total change. We need to acquire a new CF. This team isn't good enough to have two total holes in the lineup, and it's easier to find another outfielder than it is a new SS.