White Sox vs. Indians, 5/31/06

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
RYAN CHURCH

Or, Jose Guillen, and move Pods to CF.

The Nationals' firesale will begin shortly.

If I were you, to look legit, refrain from mentioning those ideas again, thanks

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
Is it being a bad fan to hope Politte gets rocked here, and makes the Sox consider another pitching roster move?

If they don't realize he can't get the job done by now, I don't think a 4 or 5 spot here will help get it through their heads.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
Well, the indians are on the verge of a hot streak. We cant take advantage of Detroit playing the yankees. Its not looking good for us.

If we take 3 out of 4 here, we could crush them in the standings. By letting them win 2 or 3 out of 4 we give them life. Low payroll, lots of prospects to trade, dangerous combo.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
I'm not a fan of Pods, but he's the least of our worries right now. He's been doing a terrific job lately.

How can you not be a fan of Pods after what he has done the last year and a half? I just don't understand it.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Quick question....why does Hawk keep saying we haven't clicked all year? We had like 6 guys in the lineup hot at the same time for 3 weeks. Not many teams get that fortunate the whole season.

I know you said it earlier this year. We've all been saying it. It still really hasn't felt like this team has fired on all cylinders. We saw what the pitching was capable of last year. It doesn't seem like we've had that going at the same time as the offense.

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
RYAN CHURCH

I've heard from a person within the Oakland A's organization that Jose Guillen is a punk ass little b****. Why do you think he's been with so many teams?

Jose Guillen is the last thing this team needs.

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
RYAN CHURCH

Podsednik can't play CF.

Quit with the foolishness.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
How can you not be a fan of Pods after what he has done the last year and a half? I just don't understand it.

I think it's cause of the Sizemore vs Pods argument with you. :P

Pods is actually one of my favorite players off the field. I just think that for a speed player, he's very poor fundamentally.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
Quick question....why does Hawk keep saying we haven't clicked all year? We had like 6 guys in the lineup hot at the same time for 3 weeks. Not many teams get that fortunate the whole season.

we havent clicked as in the whole team. we havent had really any stretches in which our sp, bullpen,defense and hitting have all been there

What always drives me more crazy is that every time we have a hard time against an opposing pitcher, Hawk and especially DJ, describe the guy as if he is the second coming of Nolan Ryan.

Whatever you say man. lol His .371 OBP is just fine by me. His job is to get on base. He is not a hole in the lineup.

When you have two other position players hitting like pitchers (SS, CF), you can't afford to have Vince Coleman in your lineup as well.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
We saw what the pitching was capable of last year.

No guarantees that it will resemble last year's staff when it's all said and done. Being good on paper and actually getting the job done are 2 different things.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:19 AM)
I know you said it earlier this year. We've all been saying it. It still really hasn't felt like this team has fired on all cylinders. We saw what the pitching was capable of last year. It doesn't seem like we've had that going at the same time as the offense.

Do you think the pitching's going to come around to the point it's dominant though? We've faced almost all of the worst hitting teams in the AL already. Everyone knows the Cell becomes a launching pad when it gets hot out.

QUOTE(Chet @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
What always drives me more crazy is that every time we have a hard time against an opposing pitcher, Hawk and especially DJ, describe the guy as if he is the second coming of Nolan Ryan.

He is making awesome pitches tonight. Knibbling the corners, making sinkerballs strikes when he has to. He has effectively taken our offense out of any rythmn.

Guest JimH
Names please?

That's just it Alex.

I can certainly understand giving Uribe some time off and sub with Cintron or Ozuna.

As for CF, I can't think of any players that are on the market. Possibly there may be in another month but right now the option is to play Anderson more and hope he gets going, or send him down and replace him with another OF with CF experience. The White Sox don't have anyone like that (who hits righthanded). Before someone says Torii Hunter, the White Sox and Twins haven't traded with one another in eons. It's possible, but the odds are way way against it.

The only team with an excess of OF who is looking for prospects is the Washington Nationals, and they don't have a righthanded hitting guy who can play CF. The Pirates have a guy on their 40 man roster the White Sox might like but why would Pittsburgh trade anybody young and cheap.

So your question is very valid. It's easy to say go out and get someone, but from looking at other teams rosters, I don't see too many possibilities.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
No guarantees that it will resemble last year's staff when it's all said and done. Being good on paper and actually getting the job done are 2 different things.

And that shows that we haven't fired on all cylinders.

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
When you have two other position players hitting like pitchers (SS, CF), you can't afford to have Vince Coleman in your lineup as well.

So basically you are all for the corpseball power hitting team from 2002-2004?

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:19 AM)

80 pct of the teams would gladly trade their leadoff hitter for what Pods gives a team. It's not Pods fault that we can't produce offensive talent from our minors, and Uribe is clueless at the plate.