White Sox vs. Indians, 5/31/06

QUOTE(Chet @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
What always drives me more crazy is that every time we have a hard time against an opposing pitcher, Hawk and especially DJ, describe the guy as if he is the second coming of Nolan Ryan.

lol like when meche was pitching great against us through like the first 5-6 innings, he kept talking about how good he was and all the potential. :bang

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We wouldn't be having this discussion about replacing Anderson if the rest of the 8 guys hit like they usually do.

You want to know who should be on Ozzie's s*** list?

Juan Uribe. There is no excuse for him to be batting .210, he's not a rookie anymore, that's f***ing unacceptable.

If you want to b**** about someone not hitting, b**** about Uribe.

CWSOX45

Guest JimH
What always drives me more crazy is that every time we have a hard time against an opposing pitcher, Hawk and especially DJ, describe the guy as if he is the second coming of Nolan Ryan.

Sounds a lot like a SSH/Jabroni post. Just saying.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:20 AM)
He is making awesome pitches tonight. Knibbling the corners, making sinkerballs strikes when he has to. He has effectively taken our offense out of any rythmn.

Sinker ballers always gives us, and other power teams, problems when they're keeping the ball down. We're not the type of team to put together 4 straight hits the opposite way, etc.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
That's just it Alex.

I can certainly understand giving Uribe some time off and sub with Cintron or Ozuna.

As for CF, I can't think of any players that are on the market. Possibly there may be in another month but right now the option is to play Anderson more and hope he gets going, or send him down and replace him with another OF with CF experience. The White Sox don't have anyone like that (who hits righthanded). Before someone says Torii Hunter, the White Sox and Twins haven't traded with one another in eons. It's possible, but the odds are way way against it.

The only team with an excess of OF who is looking for prospects is the Washington Nationals, and they don't have a righthanded hitting guy who can play CF. The Pirates have a guy on their 40 man roster the White Sox might like but why would Pittsburgh trade anybody young and cheap.

So your question is very valid. It's easy to say go out and get someone, but from looking at other teams rosters, I don't see too many possibilities.

And with that, is exactly why BA should continue to play until we are able to make a move.

There are no options in Charlotte and Mack can't play there everyday.

I'd rather see Uribe benched until he gets his act together.

At least Cintron is hitting the ball well and is serviceable as a SS.

He is making awesome pitches tonight. Knibbling the corners, making sinkerballs strikes when he has to. He has effectively taken our offense out of any rythmn.

We just seem to struggle against the soft tossers. Haeger would kill us.

On BA, he does have great potential, esp. on D, but I still think a move down may get the guy going at the plate, like it did for Rowand a couple of years back.

Guest JimH
And with that, is exactly why BA should continue to play until we are able to make a move.

There are no options in Charlotte and Mack can't play there everyday.

I'd rather see Uribe benched until he gets his act together.

At least Cintron is hitting the ball well and is serviceable as a SS.

I agree, right now I don't see what else they can do, unless there's some CF out there who plays good defense, hits righthanded, and is available. Uribe looks down, he looks like he needs a break. I understand having faith in your players but I think Cintron needs to be mixed in a bit more, and not just for Iguchi.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
I'm trying to figure out why Minnesota wouldn't trade Hunter to the White Sox. The guy's a free agent at the end of the year anyway. If the Sox want him, they can sign him at that point.

You don't trade within the division.

I'm trying to figure out why Minnesota wouldn't trade Hunter to the White Sox. The guy's a free agent at the end of the year anyway. If the Sox want him, they can sign him at that point.

You never trade with anyone within your own division....the last thing I want to see is Lance Broadway shutting the White Sox out 3 years down the road.

hes the hear and soul of that team. although they might consider trading him within the division, we would have too give up way to much