White Sox vs. Indians, 5/31/06

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
You never trade with anyone within your own division....the last thing I want to see is Lance Broadway shutting the White Sox out 3 years down the road.

LOL....I typed the second part of your post for myself then deleted it. :D

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
You don't trade within the division.

Even if they would, the asking price will be too much.

Think Sweeney + Mac.

No way.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
You don't trade within the division.

But why? I've just given legit reasons to counteract that cliche. They'll lose him anyway at the end of the year. Why not get something for him... and if it's the Sox that offer the best package, then so be it.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
I'm trying to figure out why Minnesota wouldn't trade Hunter to the White Sox. The guy's a free agent at the end of the year anyway. If the Sox want him, they can sign him at that point.

The White Sox haven't made a trade with the Twins since 1986. They also haven't made a trade with any team in the AL Central since the division's existence. Trading one of the faces of your franchise to a team you will see 19 times a year generally doesn't happen. It would really make Minnesota look bad if he was successful and beat them consistently. If he signed as a free agent, that would be the player's choice, so it wouldn't haunt the organization as much. I also think Hunter has a $10 million option for next season.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Great, Paul Byrd is pitching tomorrow....another pitcher we've had so much success against.

Can we just get back to the Cell please? Jesus Christ.

contreras is pitching tomarrow-thank god because if he wasnt..... :ph34r:

You never trade with anyone within your own division....the last thing I want to see is Lance Broadway shutting the White Sox out 3 years down the road.

I tend to agree, but I would give up just about anything for another World Series. We have a team built to win and there is no reason to hold back, if you can get a grade A player.

The sad thing, is no matter how much he f***s up with his bat, doesnt execute with the bunt, kicks the ball, throws the ball away, you will see him tomorrow. Uribe is probably the least substituted besides Crede, Thome, and Konerko.

He never ever is benched.

The Torii Hunter stuff can stop.

It won't happen.

Give me a legit name or two so we can discuss it.

So far Lew Ford, Gary Matthews and Ryan Church don't sound like much to me.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)

That's a strange thing to worry about now. The last thing I want to see is a .160 CF or another guy who has trouble not tripping over his feet out there. Maybe that's just me.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:31 AM)
So far Lew Ford, Gary Matthews and Ryan Church don't sound like much to me.

How can you not think that GM Jr. wouldn't be a huge addition? He's definitely better than what we have right now. However, I can't see the Rangers trading him.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
That's a strange thing to worry about now. The last thing I want to see is a .160 CF or another guy who has trouble not tripping over his feet out there. Maybe that's just me.

OK, then why would Minnesota trade away one of it's few faces of the franchise to their arch rival?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
How can you not think that GM Jr. wouldn't be a huge addition? He's definitely better than what we have right now. However, I can't see the Rangers trading him.

Well from what I know he's been on a lot of teams since he's been in the league and his career BA is under .250.

Why should I be impressed?

Guest JimH
Even if they would, the asking price will be too much.

Think Sweeney + Mac.

No way.

I thought Hunter has a $12M option for next year and there's been a lot of debate whether the Twins will pick it up or not? The revenue from their new ballpark won't be felt for a few years yet but I can't see them totally dismantling so to me it's not a slam dunk they won't keep Hunter if the option scenario is true.

I don't know the last time the White Sox traded with the Twins, but it's been about 14-15 years since they traded with Detroit and as I recall, even longer with KC. I can't recall them making a trade with Cleveland in recent years.

Doubtful it would happen, very doubtful, but never say never.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great, Paul Byrd is pitching tomorrow....another pitcher we've had so much success against.

Can we just get back to the Cell please? Jesus Christ.

Minus game 1 of the ALCS, the Sox pounded Byrd last season

Contreras f***ING PWNS the Indians.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
Pirates gave the Cubs the division in 2003. They're in the same division. But yeah, trades within the division never happen.

We're not saying they never happen. Most of the time one of the teams gets f***ed over.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:33 AM)
Our starting pitching has been s***ty outside of Vazquez on Monday since the As series.

Back to back crap games for Garcia.

Garcia wasn't going to keep facing struggling hitting teams like the Cubs and Angels.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)

The Twins are not trading him to the White Sox.

Period. That is just one reason that can be used.

It just doesn't happen, teams don't trade within their own division.

The centerfield position is the least I'm worried about, our main concern should be

A) Our bullpen. You feel comfortable with Politte and Nelson? I sure as hell don't. We need another arm in that pen. Thorton, Cotts, and Jenks have done pretty well.

B) Shortstop. I really think it's time to show Uribe that Ozzie means business. Cintron should be starting at least for a few games, maybe that will spark Juan.

C) Centerfielder. If there is a better option out there, which to me seems like there isn't. Steve Finley? Ryan Church? No thanks. I'd rather save the prospects. Brian Anderson is a good defensive centerfielder. If you can't find a defensive upgrade over Anderson, then I don't want to hear about it.