White Sox vs. Indians, 5/31/06

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
Pirates gave the Cubs the division in 2003. They're in the same division. But yeah, trades within the division never happen.

1-0 reds over the cubs in the 6th :ph34r:

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
Well from what I know he's been on a lot of teams since he's been in the league and his career BA is under .250.

Why should I be impressed?

His OPS over his last 2 1/3 seasons is easily over .800, he plays a very good defensive CF, is a switch hitter, and is a great team player.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
His OPS over his last 2 1/3 seasons is easily over .800, he plays a very good defensive CF, is a switch hitter, and is a great team player.

And Texas would trade him because?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
Bullpen help wasn't the problem yesterday. The two automatic outs at the end of the lineup were.

Over the long haul, the BP is going to be much more important. We don't have the automatic out in CF tonight, yet the White Sox offense has a goose egg, and Garcia has 2 more earned runs against him than he would have if the automatic out was in tonight's game.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Over the long haul, the BP is going to be much more important. We don't have the automatic out in CF tonight, yet the White Sox offense has a goose egg, and Garcia has 2 more earned runs against him than he would have if the automatic out was in tonight's game.

Thank you.

Guest JimH
Gary Matthews

A possibility. He plays all three spots and would fit well here. That is, if they decide to send Anderson down.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
That was a part of it, yes. However, the bullpen was clearly not at fault for yesterday's loss.

So you don't think we need bullpen help because of the result's of 1 game?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:37 AM)
And Texas would trade him because?

I don't think they would. I brought him up earlier because DAllen mentioned his name. I think Anderson's struggles have really put us in a hole, and there's not much we can do about it.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
You may wanna take out Politte, Oz.

has he given up any earned runs?

>i dont know why hes struggling so much this season. supposebly he doesnt have enough confidence.he had a GREAT season last year and pitched in the f***in playoffs. how much more confidence do u need??

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
Politte is getting hit hard.

On the Score today they were pimping that Kenny wants Cesar Izturus who is still rehabbing. That he is on Kennys radar.

KW's going to have to give up a lot more than Izturis is worth if we trade for him. I'm not a fan of Izturis, especially after his major surgery.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)

Yeah, point is we don't have a real major league CF on the roster. We're either going with god awful defense or god awful hitting from that spot. Pick your poison.

As far as bullpen, I think McCarthy will get his s*** together at some point. So with McCarthy-Thornton-Cotts-Jenks I think we have enough there. We could make a minor move for someone for the 6th or 7th inning later in the year.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:41 AM)

>i dont know why hes struggling so much this season. supposebly he doesnt have enough confidence.he had a GREAT season last year and pitched in the f***in playoffs. how much more confidence do u need??

I think if you asked everyone on this site who was the one player they were sure wouldn't match their numbers from last season, it was Politte. According to one statistic, he was the luckiest pitcher in all of baseball last season. Just be grateful he was so good for us last season.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)

He is another guy who has lost velocity since last year.

Last year he was hitting his spots with a 93-95mph fastball and an 86-88 slider. This year his slider and his fastball are almost the same, and he is missing his spots.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Politte is getting hit hard.

On the Score today they were pimping that Kenny wants Cesar Izturus who is still rehabbing. That he is on Kennys radar.

wow, that would be awesome if we could get him, he is an all-star/gold glove ss

how bout uribe and a minor leaguer :huh :D