White Sox vs. Indians, 5/31/06

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
I ran my mouth, and the reason is that I think there needs to be a total change. We need to acquire a new CF. This team isn't good enough to have two total holes in the lineup, and it's easier to find another outfielder than it is a new SS.

Names please?

You can't just assume BA would have had that. Easy to say when he isn't out there, but I admit he sure as hell would have gotten closer to it than Rob M. I am not sold on either of them. Kenny, we need you to work your magic.

Here we go again with Cliff and so much for that good outing of Freddy.

Politte comes in, Inherited runners score.

So much for Garcias quality start. We have been playing pretty much around 500 ball over the last few 2 weeks.

The offense looked great thumping the tribe on Monday only to s*** the bed over the last 2 days.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
Names please?

I have no clue who's available. However, I honestly don't think we make the playoffs with our current situation in CF. You look at teams like the Indians and Tigers, and they don't have such a glaring hole on their field....we have two of them right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
You know things are bad when people are clamoring that a different player should be in the game....the same player who's one of the worst hitters in the majors.

His not being in the game has cost the Sox 2 runs.

GO YANKEES

You think in September, we will regret that we once rooted for NY to beat Detroit? Hopefully, we won't be worrying about the Wild Card though.

Is Cliff nothing more than a pitcher for blow out games now?

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ May 31, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)
I love Scotty as much as the next guy, but his offensive production is subpar for a corner OFer.

Whatever you say man. lol His .371 OBP is just fine by me. His job is to get on base. He is not a hole in the lineup.

QUOTE(Chet @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
You think in September, we will regret that we once rooted for NY to beat Detroit? Hopefully, we won't be worrying about the Wild Card though.

That's a fantastic point. I'm still much more concerned about the Indians in the long run, even though I think the Tigers are a good team.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
Whatever you say man. lol His .371 OBP is just fine by me. His job is to get on base. He is not a hole in the lineup.

I'm not a fan of Pods, but he's the least of our worries right now. He's been doing a terrific job lately.