something needs to change in our lineup

GoRowand33

I think that we have an amazing offense, but were using it the wrong way

sure were winning, but I think with the lineup I propose below we could be even better

1. Scott Podsednik-LF

2.Tadohito Iguchi-2B

3.Jimi Thome-DH

4.Paul Konerko-1B

5.Juan Uribe-SS

6.Jermaine Dye-RF

7.Rob Mackowiak-CF

8.AJ Pierzynski-C

9.Joe Crede-3B

I think our lineup is about 100% more balanced, and there is no death stretch at the bottom of the order that could kill any rallies

I think we had something going last year with the bottom of the order, lets try it again, instead of batting in order of productiveness

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
I think that we have an amazing offense, but were using it the wrong way

sure were winning, but I think with the lineup I propose below we could be even better

1. Scott Podsednik-LF

2.Tadohito Iguchi-2B

3.Jimi Thome-DH

4.Paul Konerko-1B

5.Juan Uribe-SS

6.Jermaine Dye-RF

7.Rob Mackowiak-CF

8.AJ Pierzynski-C

9.Joe Crede-3B

I think our lineup is about 100% more balanced, and there is no death stretch at the bottom of the order that could kill any rallies

I think we had something going last year with the bottom of the order, lets try it again, instead of batting in order of productiveness

You want to put the tasmanian devil in the 5 hole. Thats insane. I am sure Konerko will get a lot of protection with the spinomatic flailing behind him.

Why would you want an automatic out batting 5th right behind your second best hitter?

Also you have 3 straight righties and 2 straight lefties in there which is somehthing Ozzie would never stand for.

Plus BA needs to be in there but that's just me.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
someone mentioned that KW was interested in izturis, so how about him?

He makes good money now, is comming of major surgery and would cost a lot in terms of talent.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
He makes good money now, is comming of major surgery and would cost a lot in terms of talent.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/174699

hes making like what, a million more than uribe? he is an all-star/gold glove ss. i would love to aquire him.

impo. info.:

Fantasy Analysis

Izturis will be nothing more than a reserve when he's healthy enough to return. Rafael Furcal and Jeff Kent figure to play as much as possible in a pennant race, while Izturis could become trade bait for a team like the Twins, who value defense at the position. Keep Izturis stashed only in deeper NL-only formats at this point.

we dont want the twins acquiring him

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/174699

hes making like what, a million more than uribe? he is an all-star/gold glove ss. i would love to aquire him.

1.) The All-Star/GG thing really doesn't mean s***. Did you know that both Lance Carter and Mike Williams were All-Stars! Hell yeah

2.) he'll make $4.51M next year and has a $5.85M team option for '08, most contracts are back loaded, his follows suit. That is good money.

3.) He's comming off major elbow surgery, no one knows how he'll be when he comes back. He could be a totally different, horrible player. I'd rather not acquire another question mark.

4.) It's not a great idea to acquire an NL hitter for an AL team in midseason, some players are just NL guys and never really adjust to AL pitching. EX: Renteria.

5.) It would cost some serious talent to pick him up, something I really don't want to do is rape the farm even further plus I'm not sure what we'd even have to offer them.

heres my reasoning for Uribe at #5

so many times have we had 2 on and none or 1 out and Uribe and Anderson come up and blow the rally

I think if we scatter about or weaker hitters their averages will improve, and less rallies will be squandered

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
Feel free to write, Ozzie Guillen's email:

[email protected]

done :D

no way I will get a response, but whats to lose?

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)

so many times have we had 2 on and none or 1 out and Uribe and Anderson come up and blow the rally

I think if we scatter about or weaker hitters their averages will improve, and less rallies will be squandered

Or Uribe will continue to suck and kill rallies at a more important spot in the lineup while providing NO protection for Konerko, which will lead to Pauly struggling even more.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)

Ask yourself this question. Why in the world would I ever throw a pitch to Konerko if Taz is behind him. I would walk him on 4 pitches with the bases loaded, so I could throw 3 in the dirt to Taz for the K.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)

done :D

no way I will get a response, but whats to lose?

He might actually use it and we won't make the playoffs.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
1.) The All-Star/GG thing really doesn't mean s***. Did you know that both Lance Carter and Mike Williams were All-Stars! Hell yeah

true, but when he was healthy, he was considered by many, as the best ss in the NL. i dont think he would do bad in the AL.

i didnt know he was getting paid that much the next two years.well lets just hope he doesnt end up w/the twins.

hey, it was just an idea, kenny interested in him....

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
Or Uribe will continue to suck and kill rallies at a more important spot in the lineup while providing NO protection for Konerko, which will lead to Pauly struggling even more.

well think it through, although it seems that Uribe could kill rallies at the 5 spot, their is so much strength behind him I doubt it would lead to a major difference in how pitchers deal with Paulie

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
well think it through, although it seems that Uribe could kill rallies at the 5 spot, their is so much strength behind him I doubt it would lead to a major difference in how pitchers deal with Paulie

Watch how pitchers address Konkero when Dye is out of the lineup. He sees nothing at all. Each batter has an affect on the players around them. Thome is a force in the lineup, and therefore he gets walked a lot, and pitchers go after Konerko because a strong hitting Dye is behind him.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
true, but when he was healthy, he was considered by many, as the best ss in the NL. i dont think he would do bad in the AL.

i didnt know he was getting paid that much the next two years.well lets just hope he doesnt end up w/the twins.

hey, it was just an idea, kenny interested in him....

The Twins don't really matter at this point. They're a 4th place team and acquiring a player that won't really help the club just to block the Twins would be a huge mistake.

Also, Renteria >>>>> Izturis, no way he's the best SS in the NL. I won't even mention Eckstein, Jimmy Rollins, Jose Reyes or Felipe Lopez.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
I'm more of a fan of our NL lineup. That is the tits.

wow speaking of the nl, our lineup is gunna be scary...

pods

gooch

pk

dye

aj

crede

uribe

anderson

pitcher....... :headshake

we better hope crede countines to play well cuz if he doesnt....

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
The Twins don't really matter at this point. They're a 4th place team and acquiring a player that won't really help the club just to block the Twins would be a huge mistake.

Also, Renteria >>>>> Izturis, no way he's the best SS in the NL. I won't even mention Eckstein, Jimmy Rollins, Jose Reyes or Felipe Lopez.

im talking about like 3 yrs ago or so. lopez, reyes werent even good back then

WHEN healthy izturis>>>>>>>>eckstein

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)

pods

gooch

pk

dye

aj

crede

uribe

anderson

Uribe seriously needs to get some pine time. Cintron at least gives you some sort of resemblance of an AB.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)

pods

gooch

pk

dye

aj

crede

uribe

anderson

You're nuts. The Sox would have the best lineup in the NL if they swithched over tonight.

Pods - CF

Iguchi - 2B

Thome - 3B

Konerko - 1B

Dye - SS

Fields - RF

Pierz - C

Crede - LF

Ozuna - P