something needs to change in our lineup

GoRowand33

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
You're nuts. The Sox would have the best lineup in the NL if they swithched over tonight.

Pods - CF

Iguchi - 2B

Thome - 3B

Konerko - 1B

Dye - SS

Fields - RF

Pierz - C

Crede - LF

Ozuna - P

that scares me, thome 3rd, dye at ss.... :lolhitting

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)
im talking about like 3 yrs ago or so. lopez, reyes werent even good back then

WHEN healthy izturis>>>>>>>>eckstein

Am I missing something here? 3 years ago: 4 HR, 60 RBI, 90 R (nice), 43:70 BB:K, .288/.330/.381/.710

That OBP is pretty pathetic as is his BB:K and OPS.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
Am I missing something here? 3 years ago: 4 HR, 60 RBI, 90 R (nice), 43:70 BB:K, .288/.330/.381/.710

That OBP is pretty pathetic as is his BB:K and OPS.

i dunno, a lot of announcers said he was the best ss. the numbers are good enough when ur playing great D

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
ok maybe uribe would fit better in the 6 hole

pods

gooch

thome

konerko

dye

uribe

mackowiak

aj

crede

Actually Uribe would fit better keeping Gload company on the bench. That is where his bat would help us the most.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
Izturis career line: .261/.295/.338.

End.of.discussion.

I was wondering how the guy with the sub .300 OBP was supposedly considered the best SS in the NL.

Also, that GG should have gone to Khalil Green.

Edited by Kalapse

Izturis has a career on-base percentage of .295 and a slugging percentage of .338. Those are nearly as pathetic as Uribe's 2006 stats.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
Izturis career line: .261/.295/.338.

End.of.discussion.

You beat me to it. This guy completely sucks. In some ways I appreciate Juan Uribe after looking at these stats..........not really.

Edited by MSHAWKS

The lineup is fine. They are just leaving waaayyy too many men left on base. They need to bring back more small ball. If there is a man on 1st and 2nd with no outs bunt them over. Im seeing to many free swings. They are getting hits. But they are just not getting timely hits! I want to see more bunting, and more run manufacturing. Take advantage of those baserunners. Having Thome and Pauly in the 3 and 4 hole is nice, but they cant rely on them to drive in the runs every game. We have to do it the smaller way also. Jose C. WILL get us back on track tommorow! Lets score some runs! Don't need 11, but at least 3 or 4.

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ May 31, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
I think that we have an amazing offense, but were using it the wrong way

sure were winning, but I think with the lineup I propose below we could be even better

1. Scott Podsednik-LF

2.Tadohito Iguchi-2B

3.Jimi Thome-DH

4.Paul Konerko-1B

5.Juan Uribe-SS

6.Jermaine Dye-RF

7.Rob Mackowiak-CF

8.AJ Pierzynski-C

9.Joe Crede-3B

I think our lineup is about 100% more balanced, and there is no death stretch at the bottom of the order that could kill any rallies

I think we had something going last year with the bottom of the order, lets try it again, instead of batting in order of productiveness

I like that line up. I would keep Mackowiak in CF, instead of Anderson.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
You want to put the tasmanian devil in the 5 hole. Thats insane. I am sure Konerko will get a lot of protection with the spinomatic flailing behind him.

Funniest thing I've read all day.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
Uribe batting fifth is a good idea.

Bat him fifth for our Class A team til the all star break to get his

head out of his ass.

Why would you want to do that to the Intimidators? Do you have something against Kannapolis?

Edited by MSHAWKS

My dream lineup would be:

1 - Podsednik

2 - Iguchi

3 - Thome

4 - Konerko

5 - Griffey Jr.

6 - Dye

7 - Pierzynski

8 - Crede

9 - Uribe

I know that people joke about getting Griffey, but I think it would be a great addition provided that:

1. he's available (obviously)

2. he would cost too much (as far as prospects)

3. not getting rid of Anderson (keep him as the backup and give him at bats when you can afford to / Gload's pretty much wasting a roster spot and Mackowiak is a corner outfield backup)

4. not in lieu of bullpen help, but in addition to

I doublt it will happen for many reasons, but one can dream.

I don't know if Uribe should bat 5th, but Juan sure isn't getting any protection with BA hitting behind him. Could be why he swings for the fences everytime. It didn't seem like he was doing that during the 2nd half last year.

Do you think Walker or Ozzie have talked to him about his leg kick? Because I'd sure like to see him at least try it again.

Also, if we are going to put a lefty in for a middle IF why is it always Iguchi who sits?

seriously, if I was gonna move Juan it would be to the two spot. Put pressure on him to have good at bats. He wasn't bad there before. Anything to spark some life into his bat.

I just hope this is a temporary thing. What if he's having a very bad year like Kong did not so long ago.

Uribe batting anything higher than 8th would be wasted ABs.

I am just hoping his struggles this year are not associated with coming off the juice. He might not have the strength do to his leg kick anymore. Juan try some Creatine.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 12:17 AM)
My dream lineup would be:

1 - Podsednik

2 - Iguchi

3 - Thome

4 - Konerko

5 - Griffey Jr.

6 - Dye

7 - Pierzynski

8 - Crede

9 - Uribe

I know that people joke about getting Griffey, but I think it would be a great addition provided that:

1. he's available (obviously)

2. he would cost too much (as far as prospects)

3. not getting rid of Anderson (keep him as the backup and give him at bats when you can afford to / Gload's pretty much wasting a roster spot and Mackowiak is a corner outfield backup)

4. not in lieu of bullpen help, but in addition to

I doublt it will happen for many reasons, but one can dream.

Worst idea ever (actually, not ever, but its up there). Do you realize that Griffey is set to make money through 2024, whether he's playing or not?

Edited by Felix