6/1/06 Game Thread: White Sox @ Indians

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
Yep....we suck. It's a great thing we brought in the lefty, and let him face Michaels. Well done pitching staff and Ozzie.

Stop blaming everything on Ozzie. It's our starting pitchers we all should worry about. All of them are NOT doing well at all. All at the same time!

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
This team is not going to the playoffs, too many holes

One of our holes is in the bullpen, a place where McCarthy could be used, yet we continue to let him rot away due to inactivity.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)
Mac sucks too. He gave it up in Toronto. Why would we want him to be out there more than anyone else?

Did you really want Contreras to stay out there longer? He had nothing tonight, and Ozzie should have been thrilled to get 5 innings of 3 run ball out of him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 07:06 PM)
Did you really want Contreras to stay out there longer? He had nothing tonight, and Ozzie should have been thrilled to get 5 innings of 3 run ball out of him.

I dont' care. His nothing is better than half the pitchers on this team. He is the best pitcher in the freakin league. He should be allowed to pitch out of his mess.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)

Exactly, which is what I said after about 3 innings, yet as always, we try to leave people out there.

This isn't the ALCS from last year.

USE THE DAMN PEN.

I'm out of the game thread.

Have a good night all, maybe we can come back and show a pulse.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:06 AM)
I dont' care. His nothing is better than half the pitchers on this team. He is the best pitcher in the freakin league. He should be allowed to pitch out of his mess.

Wow....just wow.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
One of our holes is in the bullpen, a place where McCarthy could be used, yet we continue to let him rot away due to inactivity.

In case if you do NOT notice. BMAC stunk up the joint the last time he pitched, and Thornton has been the most reliable reliever we have. If Ozzie trotted BMAC, and he gave up all of those runs, you AND Fathom would jump all over Ozzie.

Would you please stop your pathetic whining!

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
Rather than talking about all of the things going badly, let's list the things that are going well.

1. No major injuries

s***, I can't think of any other thing going well aside from the Yankees beating the Togers the past couple of nights.

WE HAVEN'T HIT OUR STRIDE YET, HOMESLICE11!!!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)

:huh:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
The worst feeling is when I dont want to go to the stadium to watch the Sox. I hate not being excited for this weekends series...

I'll take the tickets then. I've yet to go to a goddamn game all year :(

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
This is coming from a guy who isn't even watching the games!

I've been home for the last two innings. After reading in the thread, and listening on the radio, I think everyone in the world knew Contreras didn't have anything tonight. I just can't see how you could condone keeping him in even longer in the 6th inning. Ozzie gave him a chance to do well that inning, and he made a terrible 0-2 pitch to Belliard, and AJP definitely didn't help him out vs Boone.