6/1/06 Game Thread: White Sox @ Indians

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
The worst feeling is when I dont want to go to the stadium to watch the Sox. I hate not being excited for this weekends series...

EXACTLY how I am starting to feel.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
I've been home for the last two innings. After reading in the thread, and listening on the radio, I think everyone in the world knew Contreras didn't have anything tonight. I just can't see how you could condone keeping him in even longer in the 6th inning. Ozzie gave him a chance to do well that inning, and he made a terrible 0-2 pitch to Belliard, and AJP definitely didn't help him out vs Boone.

this arguement can be ended by simply saying contreras had 107 pitches...it was time to take him out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
I've been home for the last two innings. After reading in the thread, and listening on the radio, I think everyone in the world knew Contreras didn't have anything tonight. I just can't see how you could condone keeping him in even longer in the 6th inning. Ozzie gave him a chance to do well that inning, and he made a terrible 0-2 pitch to Belliard, and AJP definitely didn't help him out vs Boone.

Terrible 0-2 pitch? It was down and on the outside corner. Belliard lunged at the freakin ball and rolled it to center.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
We're down 2 in the 7th, Gload a lefty who never plays is facing a lefty. Why not a pinch hitter?

I think no matter who we put in the 8-9 position, they're destined to fail right now. This team just lacks the mojo that they've had in the past.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
Terrible 0-2 pitch? It was down and on the outside corner. Belliard lunged at the freakin ball and rolled it to center.

It was a 93 mph fastball on the outside corner. With an 0-2 count and a 2 run lead, you can't be throwing a fastball over the plate....especially to a good fastball hitter like Belliard who will use the whole field.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
Scotty is the f***ing king of K's looking, it's so god damn ridiculous

yeah no kidding, he makes good contact...he just doenst swing at 2 stirke pitches alot

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
Pod loves the called third strike.

You take the good with the bad from him. Sometimes he'll draw the walk, sometimes he'll get called out. It would be nice if he was a little better at protecting, but I think that after seeing him play about 200 games, it's the way he is.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
You take the good with the bad from him. Sometimes he'll draw the walk, sometimes he'll get called out. It would be nice if he was a little better at protecting, but I think that after seeing him play about 200 games, it's the way he is.

Agreed. I'll keep em.