6/1/06 Game Thread: White Sox @ Indians

Can anyone f***ing believe this? You'd think after Dye's HR it could have energized our ballclub to compose themselves and leave Cleveland with a split.

And I'm REALLY f***ing sick of Hawk/DJ talking about "not speeding up bats" when hitters can't catch up to a fastball. Santana sure doesn't care about that logic. Considering McCarthy's changeup, he needs to throw it. If a hitter continues to foul off a fastball, they're eventually going to catch up. You need another pitch thrown it. It makes little sense when they bring it up. McCarthy just can't grip the changeup with a s*** as of now.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
KW made me sick last winter trading bullpen guys and not getting replacements, and counting on Cotts and Politte to match or come close to last season's performances.

Thornton replaced Marte, BMac replaced Viz. The Politte dropped off was expected, but was anyone expecting a 7.00 ERA+

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
They're what? 1 game behind last year's pace? I'm getting pissed off too, but at least we're not the Royals.

You better believe Ozzie is going to rip to the media tonight.

We suck right now, and have some glaring holes. However, I'm amazed that some people are giving up on the season already.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
They're what? 1 game behind last year's pace? I'm getting pissed off too, but at least we're not the Royals.

Thats not the point though. The point is that they are gift wrapping games to other teams like wins are easy to come by. Either by errors or by giving up f***ing meatballs after we give the pitchers the lead.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)

I hope he doesn't. He should tell the team what he fells, yell at them and keep it at that. No need to discuss the matters with the media. It should be a team to team thing, it pisses me off when Ozzie calls out the team in the media. Keep it in house, Oz.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
KW made me sick last winter trading bullpen guys and not getting replacements, and counting on Cotts and Politte to match or come close to last season's performances.

i have no problem with KW dealing marte and gettin thornton.....all that really leaves in vizcaino that he didnt get a replacement for..and Mccarthy over the course of the year will similar numbers to viz. IMO. the real problem is that cotts politte arent pitching like they did, and people also forgot how damn good hermanson was last year and the fact that he was hurt really hrut our pen....i do think KW shoulda found someone to replace hermie, but i dont think even he knew hermie would be done for

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)
And I'm REALLY f***ing sick of Hawk/DJ talking about "not speeding up bats" when hitters can't catch up to a fastball. Santana sure doesn't care about that logic. Considering McCarthy's changeup, he needs to throw it. If a hitter continues to foul off a fastball, they're eventually going to catch up. You need another pitch thrown it. It makes little sense when they bring it up. McCarthy just can't grip the changeup with a s*** as of now.

He's not a reliever, and it already feels like we've retarded his growth this season.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can anyone f***ing believe this? You'd think after Dye's HR it could have energized our ballclub to compose themselves and leave Cleveland with a split.

:rolly

Who else in the league has a change up like Santana? The McCarthy-Belliard at-bat reminded me of Cotts-Cattalonatto at-bat back in 2004 in the Sky Dome.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
We suck right now, and have some glaring holes. However, I'm amazed that some people are giving up on the season already.

I'm not giving up on the season, but clearly this team is suffering from major flaws that need to be addressed.

1 down.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)

Who else in the league has a change up like Santana? The McCarthy-Belliard at-bat reminded me of Cotts-Cattalonatto at-bat back in 2004 in the Sky Dome.

Good comp.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)

Don't you mean Cotts vs Phelps?

Although we can all agree that the bullpen looked to be a concern coming into the season, marte and viz would not have been the answer...I guess it was myers or bust...But there's still time to pull a trade to bolster the pen before the trade deadline...

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)

It wasn't Catalanotto, it was a much s***tier DH-only guy who I don't think is playing baseball any more.