6/1/06 Game Thread: White Sox @ Indians

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
KW made me sick last winter trading bullpen guys and not getting replacements, and counting on Cotts and Politte to match or come close to last season's performances.

Funny, I remember using a phrase such as "you can trade Vizcaino and Marte, but you damn well better find pitchers capable of reproducing their numbers," and I was -- of course -- attacked. Never held confidence with our bullpen entering the season.

Wow, wouldn't it be great if someone with talent existed in our minor league system?

How would people like trading for Soriano and sticking him in LF. You could trade Pods, Broadway and Fields for him. We would most likely be overpaying, but he could bat leadoff and provide 40/40 production. Realistically though, offense is not our problem and defense and pitching is, so its adding to a strength and making a weakness worse. That probably is not a good thing, but he would add some more spark to the team.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)
I'm not giving up on the season, but clearly this team is suffering from major flaws that need to be addressed.

Sometimes, you just have to win with what you have. We keep clamoring for an instant fix....but unless we're going to trade for 4 new relievers, a new SS, and a CF....we're still not going to have a great all-around team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
He's not a reliever, and it already feels like we've retarded his growth this season.

thats so true, he has proven he isnt a f'n reliever, he even says he wants to start and that he doesnt think has good enough stuff to be a late inning guy.

>we aint going no where w/this pen

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:45 AM)
It wasn't Catalanotto, it was a much s***tier DH-only guy who I don't think is playing baseball any more.

It was Phelps.

Man...our bottom of the order is AMAZING!!!!

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
How would people like trading for Soriano and sticking him in LF. You could trade Pods, Broadway and Fields for him. We would most likely be overpaying, but he could bat leadoff and provide 40/40 production. Realistically though, offense is not our problem and defense and pitching is, so its adding to a strength and making a weakness worse. That probably is not a good thing, but he would add some more spark to the team.

We've scored 8 runs in today's game. I don't think scoring runs is the problem.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
Giving up on the season is beyond idiodic. However, this is trend that needs to stop, now. The Sox should send a box of muffins over to Bronx and thank them for this week, or we could be 5,6 games back easy after this series.

I dont know if the guys in the clubhouse think everything will just come to them because there the champs, or they can just turn "it" on whenever they want, but they better find "it" because this isnt working.

^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)

I hope you are joking.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
McCarthy's going to get the most blame, but Thornton really was pathetic tonight also. Isn't it amazing how many rallies you can have when you get contributions from the bottom of the order?

Fathom, you the one who wanted BMAC in. You got your wish. Go ahead and keep on blaming it on Ozzie!

Like I've stated, our pitchers ARE NOT DOING WELL right now. Will there be anyone who will point your finger at Cooper? It seems like when our pitchers are doing well, everyone jumps on Cooper's bandwagen. What happens if they are not doing well?

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)

hes terrible in lf

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
:rolly

Who else in the league has a change up like Santana? The McCarthy-Belliard at-bat reminded me of Cotts-Cattalonatto at-bat back in 2004 in the Sky Dome.

McCarthy's changeup is pretty damn good, as we've seen last season. He needs to throw it effectively. Cotts, on the other hand, has a weak breaking ball several mph off his fastball.

Does that mean only Santana should throw a changeup when hitters are unable to catch up to his fastball? It's f***ing ridiculous everytime I hear about speeding up bats. You throw 7 straight, 92 mph fastballs and they're fouling it off, you need to throw another pitch. His changeup is good; it's his fault for hanging it.

QUOTE(S720 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:48 AM)
Fathom, you the one who wanted BMAC in. You got your wish. Go ahead and keep on blaming it on Ozzie!

Like I've stated, our pitchers ARE NOT DOING WELL right now. Will there be anyone who will point your finger at Cooper? It seems like when our pitchers are doing well, everyone jumps on Cooper's bandwagen. What happens if they are not doing well?

When the f*** did I blame Ozzie for what happened to McCarthy? I wanted McCarthy to start the 6th inning, as I think he's a hell of a lot more comfortable starting the inning instead of coming in with people on base. It's truly disappointing to see what we've made McCarthy into this season.