6/1/06 Game Thread: White Sox @ Indians

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Check the poll on Soxtalk.com, 80% of us agreed with you before tonight.

Well then this post is for the other 20% that disagreed with us.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
Anyone still want to make the argument that having Brian Anderson's >.200 average is our biggest problem?

Just curious.

ill take that argument, Thornton had what 8 scoreless apperances before this? and the count had two of his pitching jems pissed away? this is a knee jerk reaction sure our bullpen has sucked tonight, but its been a culmination of things that have led to our level of suckitude. Leaving tons of Men on base, and having a CF whos hot right now, and can't play defense worth s***, and another CF who can lay down the glove but cant hit his own weight.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
I really dont have any problems with the trades made in the offseason. The O needed a boost from last year, along as the 5th starter, and it was adressed. It would have been nice to get a bullpen arm back in the Thome deal, but no go.

Something needs to be done quick, and I really dont care if we have to overpay. This keeps up, were going to lose the season, and its all going to over the bullpen. The mother f***ing bullpen.

I don't mind the trades, but he ignored replacements. Hermanson was talking retirement last October. Politte wasn't going to come anywhere near his 2005 performance, all you have to do is look at his history, and fathom has pointed out, stats show he was the luckiest pitcher in the league last year. Vizcaino was a guy who always took the ball. Marte wasn't good, but he at least would keep a lefty pinch hitter on the bench. KW had chances to sign lots of guys, but even with the payroll going up $20 million , he strayed away from the formula used to build a world champion 88 years in waiting. He blew off the bullpen and relied on signing a bunch of minor league crap to fix the problem. Maybe his success last year got to his head. He has to remember he got lucky to. He wanted to sign Wright, and reports had him nearly signed until the Yankees came in at the last second and trumped the Sox offer. He wanted no part of AJ, and tried to get Jason Kendall. At least he came to his senses with AJ, because IMO, no AJ no WS.Its going to cost him a whole lot more to fix the bullpen now in terms of talent and money than it would have if he did it last winter.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
When the f*** did I blame Ozzie for what happened to McCarthy? I wanted McCarthy to start the 6th inning, as I think he's a hell of a lot more comfortable starting the inning instead of coming in with people on base. It's truly disappointing to see what we've made McCarthy into this season.

He should have definitley come in the 6th. With him not seeing ANY action in May I don't see how the f*** he wasn't put in.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
6-5 Yankees through 7. Thank you, New York.

There's not a doubt in my mind that the Indians are going to be as big, if not a bigger, a threat as the Tigers come the end of the season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
When the f*** did I blame Ozzie for what happened to McCarthy? I wanted McCarthy to start the 6th inning, as I think he's a hell of a lot more comfortable starting the inning instead of coming in with people on base. It's truly disappointing to see what we've made McCarthy into this season.

Yah, who the hell puts a starting prospect in the bullpen!!!! Nobody does that s***!!!!

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
ill take that argument, Thornton had what 8 scoreless apperances before this? and the count had two of his pitching jems pissed away? this is a knee jerk reaction sure our bullpen has sucked tonight, but its been a culmination of things that have led to our level of suckitude. Leaving tons of Men on base, and having a CF whos hot right now, and can't play defense worth s***, and another CF who can lay down the glove but cant hit his own weight.

*hits beautox with a stick*

NO! BAD! BAD BEAUTOX!

I need a beer.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
Yah, who the hell puts a starting prospect in the bullpen!!!! Nobody does that s***!!!!

When the kid says he doesn't feel comfortable in the pen because he can't get a feel for his offspeed pitches, and he's not a flame thrower....maybe he's not a good fit for the bullpen.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
When the kid says he doesn't feel comfortable in the pen because he can't get a feel for his offspeed pitches, and he's not a flame thrower....maybe he's not a good fit for the bullpen.

Right. You know better than our staff. Forgot about that.

Guest JimH

McCarthy may be miscast but he sure as hell isn't doing himself any favors either.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
I agree completely. I feel bad for him totally.

Throw the baseball and get people out. Is nobody accountable anymore - a player screws up and management gets blamed. How many 'f*** Ozzie' comments have been made this year already - our only saviour in the last 90 years. Of course Kenny is gonna get his too.