6/1/06 Game Thread: White Sox @ Indians

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
Cleveland is right back in this race now....especially with the Kitties and us playing like s***.

especially with the momentum we just gave them, them taking the last 3 with our"studs" on the mound.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
Throw the baseball and get people out. Is nobody accountable anymore - a player screws up and management gets blamed. How many 'f*** Ozzie' comments have been made this year already - our only saviour in the last 90 years. Of course Kenny is gonna get his too.

Great post. It's beyond hilarious.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
When the kid says he doesn't feel comfortable in the pen because he can't get a feel for his offspeed pitches, and he's not a flame thrower....maybe he's not a good fit for the bullpen.

He needs to nut up...he was lookin' good at the start...

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
Yah, who the hell puts a starting prospect in the bullpen!!!! Nobody does that s***!!!!

Buerhle, Cotts, Smoltz, Eck . . .

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
I agree completely. I feel bad for him totally.

I feel sorry for every fan who'll have to watch Garland pitch for the next several years. Talk about a contract which never should have been signed. Best we can do is trade Garica, get an absolute killing in return, and move McCarthy into the rotation.

Now Cotts is giving up HR's? Oh man, this is PATHETIC.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
Right. You know better than our staff. Forgot about that.

Um....he said it himself already this season. Don't worry, it was only a direct statement. Trust me, I'm not making excuses from him. His pitches have been up in the zone seemingly the entire year, minus the first 2 weeks of the season.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
The sox with some great opportunities to jump ahead of the Tigers and f*** it all up. Great f***ing road series.

It's a long season - they are not playing very good right now. They just have to right the ship and start playing like they can - it's not hte end of the world.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
Buerhle, Cotts, Smoltz, Eck . . .

I was being very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very sarcastic.

There are tons and tons of names.

Satana. Liriano.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
Throw the baseball and get people out. Is nobody accountable anymore - a player screws up and management gets blamed. How many 'f*** Ozzie' comments have been made this year already - our only saviour in the last 90 years. Of course Kenny is gonna get his too.

I've never said it, but are you going to argue that Ozzie has made the perfect decisions?

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)

Im just going to ignore this comment, because I was in no way blaming Ozzie. I just feel bad for McCarthy, because he is a major-league starting pitcher on a team with 4 solid starting pitchers and 1 starter being overpaid for a mediocre career. He's too good to NOT be pitching, but hes just not a reliever. I don't know. Its a hard situation.

Guest JimH
Throw the baseball and get people out. Is nobody accountable anymore - a player screws up and management gets blamed.

Mgmt. has made some goofs but these players are not performing anywhere near their capabilities, especially in this series. They have really been bad.

Cintron has looked terrible for the benched Uribe and the pitching has been horses***.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He wanted to sign Wright, and reports had him nearly signed until the Yankees came in at the last second and trumped the Sox offer. He wanted no part of AJ, and tried to get Jason Kendall. At least he came to his senses with AJ, because IMO, no AJ no WS.Its going to cost him a whole lot more to fix the bullpen now in terms of talent and money than it would have if he did it last winter.

I was in favor of the Sox signing Wright before he failed his first physical Yankees. Do you think the Sox would've signed him if he failed his physical? The only real valid report of Wright going to the Sox was from Peter Gammons. So take that for what's it worth.

He also made the originally decision on AJ after doing some background checking from other people in the organization and felt it wasn't a good idea.

Everyone is looking for bullpen help, and not too many teams are willing to sell because they're still in it.

I'm going to throw out this name; Kerry Wood for bullpen. Supposedly with wife loves Chicago which is why it's going to be hard to trade for him. Would he waive it to join our BP? He pitched pretty well even with a bum shoulder last year.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
It's a long season - they are not playing very good right now. They just have to right the ship and start playing like they can - it's not hte end of the world.

It's not the end of the world, but a lot of these games that they have been losing should be ours.

This is why I don't look at who you are playing just how you are playing.

We've lost 3 of 4 to the Tribe letting them back in the race. Detroit beat the hell out of the Tribe

and everybody said Detroit is playing nobody.

Cleveland is now right back in it.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:58 AM)
another starter who did OK in the pen:

Gagne.

There's a huge difference with some of these closers mentioned. These were guys who were permanently moved to the bullpen either due to injury or lack of pitches. Don't forget that we've already yo-yo'd McCarthy this season, as we had to shift him from reliever to start back to reliever. In the end, it doesn't matter really.....this bullpen is atrocious, and he's just another one of the culprits.

KW has to go out and get some serious bullpen help. If we bulk up the bullpen, this is a WS team. I don't think it is with the current bullpen. Picking up Jeff Nelson off of the scrap heap isn't enough. We've got enough back of the bullpen guys already. We've got the prospects, so trade a couple of them for a couple genuinely good bullpen arms. The sooner the better.