6/1/06 Game Thread: White Sox @ Indians

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
He might be one of the most realistic possibilities. I think Roberto Hernandez could be a possibility.

My buddy who I have season tickets with lived in the same building as Roberto in 1994. My buddy had a sublease and was using a temporary parking spot, but they gave his spot to Roberto. He had to park in a garage a few blocks away and a couple hundred dollars a month. He has hated him ever since.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Bulls***. You felt pretty confident with a 15 game lead last year right? We all know how that well.

It's May. They made up those 15 games in two f***ing months last year.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as the Indians aren't 10 back, they are in this race.

CWSOX45

Easy there killer. First off, when we were 15 up on them, they started playing .900 ball. 2nd, it now June. 3rd, when they consistently win games and play like they have this series, then they will be back in it.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
I absolutely HATE the idea of trading for bullpen help. Even though I realize it's necessary, it's such an inconsistent position which will cost us several valuable prospects.

Well said. How many relievers are out there that are consistently good every year? Not very many.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
He might be one of the most realistic possibilities. I think Roberto Hernandez could be a possibility.

That is who I was thinking. Very good numbers this year and still throws hard at his age. 95 and up I have seen.

QUOTE(S720 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 02:05 AM)
Everyone in this site knows that you always blame everything on Ozzie. It goes back to last year. If McCarthy can not handle the heat, then he has no business being on the team. He really STINKS so far!

I think I've only really blamed Ozzie for one loss this season. I have no problem criticizing him, but in the end, it's up to the players to win or lose the game. With the mojo this team has, or lacks, right now, we just don't have a chance against a team with momentum like the Indians.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
Well said. How many relievers are out there that are consistently good every year? Not very many.

only elite closers and like a few set up men....its so variable its insane

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
Easy there killer. First off, when we were 15 up on them, they started playing .900 ball. 2nd, it now June. 3rd, when they consistently win games and play like they have this series, then they will be back in it.

I understand that. They are in this race. 7 games can be made up fast. Especially with this ass kicking of a World Series Champions.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tribe go on a 9 game win streak...

CWSOX45

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
He made an offer to Mike Myers but Myers said he wanted to pitch in New York because of the "mystique" or whatever.

Who else was there? Billy Wagner, Roberto Hernandez?

Another thing: Signing bullpen help is one of the most risky moves a GM can make because relievers are so inconsistent.

Mike Myers went to the Yankees because they gave him more money. My sister and her best friend know him very well, they went to grammar school and junior high with him.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 02:08 AM)
Perhaps our pitching isn't as amazing as everyone made it out to be during the pre-season.

Which is why people should really appreciate the way they performed last season.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
Anyone remember when Dye hit that three run bomb to give us the lead and we were all giddy? Ahhh, those were the minutes...

pow right in the kisser

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/features/fre...ts?positionId=0

There is a list of all the free agent relievers that signed in the offseason. Feel free which ones KW should've signed. We've already went over Myers, so I'll take take care of Eyre.

Eyre's agent said EVERY team called for him, and Scott said he and his agent had a set price, and Jim Hendry's first offer was actually MORE than what they were expecting, so he jumped to the Cubs quickly.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
there isn't another team in baseball i would trade for.

dont worry be happy now

dont worry be happy

dont worry be happy

dont worry be happy

dont worry be happy

i'm not worried

Thanks! You made my night better.

:lolhitting

Guest JimH
He made an offer to Mike Myers but Myers said he wanted to pitch in New York because of the "mystique" or whatever.

Who else was there? Billy Wagner, Roberto Hernandez?

Another thing: Signing bullpen help is one of the most risky moves a GM can make because relievers are so inconsistent.

Good point Mr. S.

They missed out on Myers but I think KW rectified that lefty problem by getting Matt Thornton.

As for the righthanders ... had they not picked up the option on Politte for 2006 everyone would've said KW was crazy. Some of the other pieces, namely Cotts and Jenks, were keepers. They weren't going anywhere and rightfully so.

They made a mistake on Boone Logan and Jeff Nelson is a capable replacement for him. I really think where they miscalculated was thinking McCarthy could fill Hermanson's role. He may yet but it's not been promising thus far.