6/1/06 Game Thread: White Sox @ Indians

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
Which is why people should really appreciate the way they performed last season.

Exactly - they were insanely consistent last year. They can still have a championship team here even thought they are faced with a few more problems to iron out. They just have to hang in there and get hot at the right moment

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
Well said. How many relievers are out there that are consistently good every year? Not very many.

That's how an organization makes mistakes they'll never forget. It's a bad equation when a team is desperate for pitching, another club knows it -- requires top prospects--, and the pitcher traded for fails to perform. With bullpen pitchers it's more than likely going to backfire.

Someone needs to tell Wilder to kick some of those scrubs we call pitching prospects in the ass. If anyone of them had a decent fastball, or halfway decent control, a good secondary pitch, or any combination, we wouldn't be in this mess. There'd be no need for Jeff Nelson or Boone Logan. We wouldn't have to be talking about trades midseason.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
Just a horrid road trip.

we are only .500 on the road...which hopefulyl picks up...i know everyone says you go .500 on the road and good things will happen, but with this team we should be winning more games than losing anywhere we play

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 02:11 AM)
I really think where they miscalculated was thinking McCarthy could fill Hermanson's role. He may yet but it's not been promising thus far.

Exactly...our biggest problem is the lack of a righty set-up man. I know people are going to be jumping off bridges tonight, but I think we should be thrilled with where we are in the standings, considering the way the season has gone so far.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
Just a horrid road trip.

we havent played well at all on the road, were near 500 i think. jeez, we were the best road team last yr....but then, that was last year.

its over.... :crying .......... :angry:

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
we are only .500 on the road...which hopefulyl picks up...i know everyone says you go .500 on the road and good things will happen, but with this team we should be winning more games than losing anywhere we play

The pitching on the road thus far has been pitiful.

This is at worst the second best Sox team this century, and perhaps in my life. I'm not ready to give up on them. I'll take out position right now over just about every AL team. Can anyone honestly say the Indians are in better position? Twins? Would you rather be cheering Maggs and the Tigers? Enjoy June and July, start to worry a week or so after the AS break. Until then, Don't Worry, Be Happy

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
Exactly...our biggest problem is the lack of a righty set-up man. I know people are going to be jumping off bridges tonight, but I think we should be thrilled with where we are in the standings, considering the way the season has gone so far.

It's true when you think about it. We have the second best record in the AL. Things could be much, much worse.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)

I'm not exactly thrilled that our club is responsible for bringing Cleveland back into the race.

Considering tonight's blowup by the bullpen, I'm not happy about where our confidence is heading. Should I expect that our bullpen will rebound? Atleast with the rotation I have that reassurance they will rebound.

remember cleveland just sucked against Detroit next week.

the season ebbs and flows.

we need to get another bullpen arm and fx CF

Several guys at Charlotte have pitched OK.

I don't understand why they don't give Phillips or Lopez or Tracey a chance.

nope Yankees giving him the night off

its Farnsworth against the top of the order.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
Several guys at Charlotte have pitched OK.

I don't understand why they don't give Phillips or Lopez or Tracey a chance.

The hitting in AAA this season is AWFUL. Most of the team ERAs are in the 3 to 3.5 range. Don't get fooled by the ERAs you're seeing from these guys.