SOX Defense lately has been TERRIBLE

Hangar18

I watched last nites game, and Im not sure if the guys are tired, or what.

Hafner hit a smoking shot towards DYE, and he misjudged it, having let it bounce over his head (he wouldve had it). Luckily, he didnt score.

There was another shot hit towards Mackowiak, and he totally misplayed it and it went soaring over his head for extra bases. These guys have to turn it up a notch ...........way too much of this the last month,

and uncharacteristic. Defense has lost us a couple games already this year..

For the Mackowiak part, are you talking about the ball that was hit towards the end of last nights game? He never had a shot at getting it, but he jumped up and pretended he did. Anderson would have likely caught it, but thats the price you pay for putting the better offensive player out there rather than worrying about defense.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
I watched last nites game, and Im not sure if the guys are tired, or what.

Hafner hit a smoking shot towards DYE, and he misjudged it, having let it bounce over his head (he wouldve had it). Luckily, he didnt score.

There was another shot hit towards Mackowiak, and he totally misplayed it and it went soaring over his head for extra bases. These guys have to turn it up a notch ...........way too much of this the last month,

and uncharacteristic. Defense has lost us a couple games already this year..

In both instances, why not blame Garcia for throwing meatballs down the plate to great hitters? Both of those balls were rockets. Dye had no chance on Hafner's double, and Sizemore's triple was hit very hard. Yes, our defense over the past few weeks has sucked (it started in the 6th inning of the Sunday Cubs game, and it seems like everyone has had some issues....besides Anderson).

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
There are gaping holes in our team and they are named Politte, Anderson and Uribe.

Teams aren't in the market to be trading. Realistically, only 3 teams are completely out of it already (Pitt, Florida, KC). Good luck trying to find a lot of talent on those teams that could help us out. The only person who I think would be a good fit on any of those teams, and could realistically be traded, is Roberto Hernandez. Last time I checked, his ERA was well under 2.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:40 AM)
Teams aren't in the market to be trading. Realistically, only 3 teams are completely out of it already (Pitt, Florida, KC). Good luck trying to find a lot of talent on those teams that could help us out. The only person who I think would be a good fit on any of those teams, and could realistically be traded, is Roberto Hernandez. Last time I checked, his ERA was well under 2.

I'll never forget when Hernandez gave Ripken a nice nose bleed during the all star game photo shoot on accident. Ozzie and Roberto were teamates and some how Roberto is doing pretty good so that could very well be an option.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
What can KW do when a team isn't playing to its own talent level? Adding more talent won't give this team a new set of balls.

LOL, for anyone that has seen it, this reminded me of Major League 2 (I know great movie). When Tanaka tells Cerrano "You have no... you have no... marbles! You have no marbles!" who replies "Marbles? Huevos?"

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
LOL, for anyone that has seen it, this reminded me of Major League 2 (I know great movie). When Tanaka tells Cerrano "You have no... you have no... marbles! You have no marbles!" who replies "Marbles? Huevos?"

That was sort of the point.