Carl Crawford

Sox1422

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
Some day people will realize that the Devil Rays have absolutely no use for any of Podsednik, Garcia, Vazquez, Garland or any other high priced 26+ year old player the Sox happen to have.

Dude the Rays love leftfielders who are horrible fundamentally and pitchers with bloated contracts about ready to end.

Don't you know this?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
Another thing with Crawford, which likely would prevent a deal involving Fields.....the Durham Bulls moved B.J. Upton to 3rd base.

Do you think the Rays would consider moving Fields to 1st or LF? I realize they don't really need outfielders but Fields is the type of minor league bat a team like the Rays could use (although they will obviously be more focused on pitching).

I could see a 3 team deal with a Sox starter going to a team, prospects going to the Rays plus a few prospects of our own and Bmac joining our rotation. Of course the Rays would want Bmac badly I'm sure.

I should also note I'm talking about over the off-season cause no way are we going to get Crawford right now. The Angels, maybe, but only if they stop asking for Santana.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
Dude the Rays love leftfielders who are horrible fundamentally and pitchers with bloated contracts about ready to end.

Don't you know this?

Think they'd have any interest in Politte? Maybe we can swing Widger over to them too he can serve as a team leader and teach the youngin's a thing or two about how to play in the bigs, I heard Scott Kazmir has fallen out of favor with management down in Tampa and is currently on the block, I really think we can put together a package for him.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Think they'd have any interest in Politte? Maybe we can swing Widger over to them too he can serve as a team leader and teach the youngin's a thing or two about how to play in the bigs, I heard Scott Kazmir has fallen out of favor with management down in Tampa and is currently on the block, I really think we can put together a package for him.

We should offer Ernie Young and Jeff Farnsworth to them...those two are just straight up destroying AAA right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 11:52 AM)
- Tampa doesn't want an outfielder in return for Crawford. They have a plethora of guys in their system.

Except that Delmon Young and Elijah Dukes have shown that they are hardly model citizens down in AAA, and there are always injury concerns on Rocco Baldelli.

But it's mainly going to have to involve SP prospects. You've seen with almost every Devil Ray trade whether it was Aubrey Huff etc. they've gotten a SP prospect like Mitch Talbot back in return, and it's exactly what they need to do if they're going to be better in the future.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 08:11 AM)
Difference being? :huh

Yes correct me if im wrong but hasnt wite said some ridiculous stuff in the past as well. Ill give him enough credit that he isnt as ridiculous as Jeckle but I remember some pretty ??? posts where Wite was serious.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
Some day people will realize that the Devil Rays have absolutely no use for any of Podsednik, Garcia, Vazquez, Garland or any other high priced 26+ year old player the Sox happen to have.

No, but I would trade Liotta, Broadway, Lummy, etc etc etc. I would package every top minor leaguer they would want, because Crawford is better than all of them. An OF will Crawford in it would make it better defensively and offensively. f*** prospects.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:20 AM)
No, but I would trade Liotta, Broadway, Lummy, etc etc etc. I would package every top minor leaguer they would want, because Crawford is better than all of them. An OF will Crawford in it would make it better defensively and offensively. f*** prospects.

Unfortunately, they don't want just top minor leaguers.

They want a "major league ready" starter, ala Brandon, Ervin Santana, type.

That's why I suggested dealing Garcia to the Mets for Heilman and Humber, and adding Fields and a few other pieces to that.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:41 AM)
Unfortunately, they don't want just top minor leaguers.

They want a "major league ready" starter, ala Brandon, Ervin Santana, type.

That's why I suggested dealing Garcia to the Mets for Heilman and Humber, and adding Fields and a few other pieces to that.

Well, I will take your word for it, since I havent been at the bargaining table like yourself. If nobody wants 4 or 5 of our top minor leaugers, thats their fault.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)
Well, I will take your word for it, since I havent been at the bargaining table like yourself. If nobody wants 4 or 5 of our top minor leaugers, thats their fault.

Well, I should have qualified my statement, Rock.

Most media reports have stated that the asking price for Carl Crawford is a a frontline starter and a midline starter. Obviously, in TB's situation, you can pretty much assume that means ones that don't make any money.

If you were the TB FO, would you even think about dealing Crawford for 4-5 top prospects of a team's marginal farm system?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 03:51 AM)
Yes correct me if im wrong but hasnt wite said some ridiculous stuff in the past as well. Ill give him enough credit that he isnt as ridiculous as Jeckle but I remember some pretty ??? posts where Wite was serious.

<_>

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 01:01 PM)
I think its pretty safe to assume Carl Crawford will not be in a White Sox uniform in 2006, and most likely not ever.

I disagree. If he truly is "available," whether it is during the season, or in the coming offseason, there is no one I would give better odds of landing him than Kenny.

The Angels are in better position, but Stoneman is conservative. Meanwhile, Kenny, more than not, finds a way to get his man.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
Has he ever said Crawford is "his man"?

Knowing him, do you honestly think he would???

I think there is a fair amount of history that shows KW sticks his nose in everything and anything, especially when a all-star or name player becomes available via trade:

Tejada, Burnett, Randy Johnson, Freddy Garcia, Javy Vazquez, etc., etc.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
Knowing him, do you honestly think he would???

I think there is a fair amount of history that shows KW sticks his nose in everything and anything, especially when a all-star or name player becomes available via trade:

Tejada, Burnett, Randy Johnson, Freddy Garcia, Javy Vazquez, etc., etc.

All of Rob Mackowiak, Alex Cintron and Javy Vazquez' names were mentioned by him in the past and became "his guys". If KW really wants someone he tends to make it very appearant, I don't think I've ever even heard him mention Carl Crawford.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 19, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
All of Rob Mackowiak, Alex Cintron and Javy Vazquez' names were mentioned by him in the past and became "his guys". If KW really wants someone he tends to make it very appearant, I don't think I've ever even heard him mention Carl Crawford.

Did anyone think Crawford might be available before now?

Besides, KW has been decidedly silent about alot of things he likes since the blown Omar Vizquel deal...

Did you see Thome coming?

I don't think he had to worry so much about keeping Mack and Cintron on the down low....