Shades of... GULP, 2004?

LVSoxFan

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
I get your point dude. Its just, maybe our offense is just better this year, and has won us several games that we may not have won last year. Especially with our pitching struggling a bit early in this season. If you took this rotation and paired it with those lineups Frank, Maggs, Lee, Konerko, im sure we would have been a better team. I have the utmost confidence that this team will be more consistently good than last years team.

I know we'll come around, it's just painful to watch the... inconsistency right now. Maybe that's what I should have said, and spared myself all the "sky is falling," "Chicken Little" abuse.

:bang

Good grief, give LV a break. He said twice in his original post that he wasn't throwing in the towel or giving up on the season. He just feels that lately the offensive performance has resembled the 2004 team's. To be honest, the Sox do lead baseball in home runs, and have gone through a somewhat lackluster period at times lately. I can see his point. He's just voicing some immediate concerns he has with the team. I am not sure I see the problem with that.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
If we are talking all baseball here, Brandon Webb has been phenomenal lately.

Pick any one of these guys on the strength of their May numbers:

CC Sabathia (1.20 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, .205 BAA)

Jason Schmidt (1.17 ERA, 0.78 WHIP, .180 BAA)

Brandon Webb (1.80 ERA, 1.05 WHIP, .252 BAA)

Carlos Zambrano (1.90 ERA, 1.05 WHIP, .155 BAA)

Pedro Martinez (2.24 ERA, 0.74 WHIP, .167 BAA)

Mike Mussina (2.53 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, .196 BAA)

Josh Johnson (1.96 ERA, 1.01 WHIP. .195 BAA)

Justin Verlander (1.73 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, .258 BAA)

These dudes are on fire. They make Roy Halladay's May numbers look merely above average, and Roy pitched great.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 04:42 PM)
I know we'll come around, it's just painful to watch the... inconsistency right now. Maybe that's what I should have said, and spared myself all the "sky is falling," "Chicken Little" abuse.

:bang

NO abuse pal... :cheers

It's cool to be upset, but I just try to keep things in perspective.

They had an OK May, But there is planty of time to hit a hot streak. Every team goes through a bit of a slump, better now and being only 2.5 back than in September again and losing a 15 game lead. That was rough.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's not forget that was the year when we went to a 4-man rotation for a while and Scott Schoenweis and Estebad Loiaza were half that.

WOW. When you say it like THAT, I'm glad I don't remember how horrifying that must have been.

Edited by TheBigHurt