6/2/06: Rangers @ SOX

Heads22

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
I disagree with the story line on this game. "Promising start by Jon Garland." He gave up three homeruns in that game and still won. You can't keep giving up the long ball like Jon does and win regularly. I hope for the best and think Jon can come around, but I don't see the consistency yet.

For a sinker baller, he has given up too many homeruns.

What I want to see from Jon this evening:

Don’t give me that “He looked like the Garland of ‘05 for a few innings” bulls***. I want to see him look like the Garland of ‘05 for the whole game, not just for a couple of outs. Start making it look like you earn that money you’re receiving.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
For a sinker baller, he has given up too many homeruns.

What I want to see from Jon this evening:

Don’t give me that “He looked like the Garland of ‘05 for a few innings” bulls***. I want to see him look like the Garland of ‘05 for the whole game, not just for a couple of outs. Start making it look like you earn that money you’re receiving.

He like the rest of our starters need to start pitching inside with the hard stuff, then going away with the junk. Nibbling on the outside corner all night long allows the hitters to get a comfortable ab, where they can extend their arms and take good hard cuts to the ball.

garland of pre-allstar 05. Threw a heavy sinker down and in, which setup his change down and in as an out pitch on right handers in tough situations. Garland of 05 hit his spots, pitched ahead and broke bats.

For that Buerhle is a much better pitcher, when he is pounding cutters in on the hands of right handers, then going away with his junk. Same with Garcia.

Lets f***ing nut up and start to pitch inside.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
Anderson gets the start against the Righty at home. He's 8/24 with 3 home runs against righties at home.

Which is exactly why I was baffled when Ozzie said he was going to have him go primarily against lefties. He's been awful vs lefties.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 04:57 PM)
Why is it everytime I see Anderson's name in there I smile? I just love it when he plays, maybe it's because I don't have to worry about the OF defense for a game.

I bet you that Garland is more relieved than you are.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
Why is it everytime I see Anderson's name in there I smile? I just love it when he plays, maybe it's because I don't have to worry about the OF defense for a game.

with everything that's gone down this week - discussions in the media about him going back to AAA, the platoon situation - I'm hoping he responds by breaking out and getting on track. I don't know enough about major league batters to diagnose his problems, whether it's approach or mechanics, but if it's simply mental, then maybe this will get him going.

At least I'm hopeful that it does. :pray

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)
The real question is which pitcher will show up tonight:

garland.jpg

OR

garland_jon_200.jpg

Considering that this texas team has destroyed garland in the past, he better pitch his ass off and keep the ball down.

It would be really neat if our sinkerball pitcher, actually introduced some grounders. Jake Freakin Westbrook has us hitting enough on the ground the other night.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
Considering that this texas team has destroyed garland in the past, he better pitch his ass off and keep the ball down.

It would be really neat if our sinkerball pitcher, actually introduced some grounders. Jake Freakin Westbrook has us hitting enough on the ground the other night.

Hopefully Garland comes to earn his check tonight and gets his ERA under 6.00 on the season.

If not I may have to rip on him some more.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)

If he pitches poorly, atleast he'll have the excuse of Texas having a great offense, and how they've been playing well lately. I'm sure someone will mention it, whether it's Garland himself or one of his supporters.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
*sigh*

can we stop this already??

i agree. seriously the jokes getting a bit old. every time he pitches someone thinks they're oh so clever and pops the judy v. garland joke.

HAHAHA IT'S SO FREAKIN FUNNY!

ok there, you got your reaction.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
Haha, I wonder how many times Garland has had the real starting lineup behind him. He's definitely had the bench/real lineups more.

Anyone else surprised AJ is in? I thought he messed up his hand yesterday.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
*sigh*

can we stop this already??

Funny how we didn't hear it much at the beginning of last year. Maybe if he actually pitched worth a damn you wouldn't be hearing the joke constantly.

THOME IS OUT TONIGHT!

Gload is in at 1B, Kong at DH.

he is day to day with a tweaked groin

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
Funny how we didn't hear it much at the beginning of last year. Maybe if he actually pitched worth a damn you wouldn't be hearing the joke constantly.

THOME IS OUT TONIGHT!

Fire sauce.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 06:29 PM)
THOME IS OUT TONIGHT!

:o

I guess this will have Ozzie think twice about starting JI at 1st in the NL parks.