6/2/06: Rangers @ SOX

Heads22

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 02:24 AM)
Why was Uribe bunting ahead of Anderson. Its not like Juan can bunt at all. And its not like Anderson is lifting fly balls to the outfield.

Unless it's Ozuna, why do we ever bunt? We have to have like a 20 pct success rate, in regards to getting the runner over via the bunt.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
Why was Uribe bunting ahead of Anderson. Its not like Juan can bunt at all. And its not like Anderson is lifting fly balls to the outfield.

Ozzie is insisting they play proper baseball - they better get used to it or get used to sitting.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
Barajas picked up the ball the second Gload slowed around 2B, he probably would have been thrown out and either way it really isn't worth the risk of making the first out at 3B.

How do you know? They never showed where the ball was when Gload was at 2nd. Not that I saw at least.

I doubt the entire team, including your 3rd base coach and manager are going to run into an easy out. Ozzie clearly said "Damn" when Ross went back to 2nd.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
Uribe knows he needs to hit the ball to the right side in that situation. What does he do? Yep, he gets out in front of the pitch, and rolls over to the left side.

Uribe steps in the bucket flying open on every swing, what do you expect him to do.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
I'm a little worried if we get into a save situation later with a 1 run lead. Bobby has cobwebs all over him.

As long as we get there with a 1-run lead I'll take my chances. Getting there is going to be tough

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
Ozzie is insisting they play proper baseball - they better get used to it or get used to sitting.

Uribe cant bunt. So you think we should keep bunting him.

BTW Konerko cant steal. But its proper baseball to steal, so lets send him.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
How do you know? They never showed where the ball was when Gload was at 2nd. Not that I saw at least.

I doubt the entire team, including your 3rd base coach and manager are going to run into an easy out. Ozzie clearly said "Damn" when Ross went back to 2nd.

I have it paused on my Tivo right now, they showed the panned out shot from behind home plate, Ross is just around second and Barajas is picking up the ball. But whatever clear visual evidence is overrated anyway.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 02:28 AM)
As long as we get there with a 1-run lead I'll take my chances. Getting there is going to be tough

Yep...I'll definitely take my chances. All you can ask for is getting to the closer with 4 outs left in the game and the lead.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
I have it paused on my Tivo right now, they showed the panned out shot from behind home plate, Ross is just around second and Barajas is picking up the ball. But whatever clear visual evidence is overrated anyway.

I do not recall. Nor do I have Tivo. You are awarded no points.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
Uribe cant bunt. So you think we should keep bunting him.

BTW Konerko cant steal. But its proper baseball to steal, so lets send him.

There is no way to get Konerko to speed up. Bunting, with hard work and focus should be easy for major leaguers. Ozzie said they had to get back home to be able to practice bunting - I foresee some very long bunting exercises for these guys and it's about time.