6/2/06: Rangers @ SOX

Heads22

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose this, that's another game -- the third, by my count, in the last month -- that Mack's glove has cost us.

We're either going to value defense and leave Anderson in during tight games, or we're going to keep dropping games because our defense has a hole in Centerfield when Mackowiak steps in.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
Wow....that's why we need a brand new center fielder. Ozzie has been seriously out-managed tonight by his nemesis.

I don't understand why BA was taken out. I don't know if he would have gotten to that, but I feel much better in the later innings having him in.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
If we lose this, that's another game -- the third, by my count, in the last month -- that Mack's glove has cost us.

We're either going to value defense and leave Anderson in during tight games, or we're going to keep dropping games because our defense has a hole in Centerfield when Mackowiak steps in.

Our offense has also left 9 on base.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 03:19 AM)

Poor Mackowiak....is it his fault that Anderson has been a debacle at the plate? I'm not blaming this loss on Ozzie...but everyone move he's made recently seems to have back-fired.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
I don't understand why BA was taken out. I don't know if he would have gotten to that, but I feel much better in the later innings having him in.

Because Mack almost hit a HR and BA can't hit it out of the infield.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:18 PM)
Eh. It was a solid fastball. Good piece of hitting. You can't walk folks.

It should of been a caught ball. But Mack decided to circle it.

So we took out defense in a key position, and it f***ed us.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 03:19 AM)

Cause we were actually trying to score in the 8th inning. If Mackowiak pulls that ball, everyone's saying it was a great move.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Because Mack almost hit a HR and BA can't hit it out of the infield.

Well Mack is about as good as Everett in Center. Maybe we can get him back also, because he can hit, but cant catch either.