6/2/06: Rangers @ SOX

Heads22

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)
Yes, but when you have a man on in a tie game in the 8th, every manager in baseball is going to make the switch for more offense.

And what a horrible move that was. You need BA's defense, especially late in games.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 03:25 AM)
And what a horrible move that was. You need BA's defense, especially late in games.

Didn't you see my post foreshadowing what would happen? Nothing's going right, and the ball's just seemingly finding Mackowiak at the worst times.

Guest JimH
Agreed. I'll need to see a replay after the game. DIdn't sound, or look, like anybody was gonna catch that.

They were shading him the other way, which they should have with Jenks on the mound, he got around well on a poorly located fastball. Anderson may have caught it but I doubt it. Again, we will never know despite the definitive statements in this thread.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
Yes, but when you have a man on in a tie game in the 8th, every manager in baseball is going to make the switch for more offense.

Even with the top of the order coming up next inning and the runner only on first?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:25 PM)
Pods with a horrific game tonight.

speaking of pods, that inning could have been worse, he saved us a run w/that catch.

wow, when are we gunna f***in start winning.

this bullpen f***in blows, its unbelieveable

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 03:27 AM)
They were shading him the other way, which they should have with Jenks on the mound, he got around well on a poorly located fastball. Anderson may have caught it but I doubt it. Again, we will never know despite the definitive statements in this thread.

Anderson's defense has taken on a Chuck Norris like mythology on this site.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)

Well you have to agree that Anderson reads the ball off the bat better,and gets to the ball better. So if Mack was almost there,you would think Anderson would be there.