6/2/06: Rangers @ SOX

Heads22

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
So whats Castro up to with the Rangers? He's only pitched a few innings.

He's on a minor league rehab assignment IIRC.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

I wonder how many leadoff walks White Sox pitching have issued this year? Seems like a lot. Or maybe I am just annoyed as hell with this 3 game losing streak.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
Rogers paying off the home ump in Detroit? Awful 3rd strike call on Manny and he did not even come close to swinging.

THat was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Everybody thought it was a ball except the umpire. Vance Wilson was throwing the ball back to Rogers when he realized that he called it a strike. Pretty crazy.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
A near communication error in the outfield. It was the same thing that happened between Mackowiak and Dye last week.

Perhaps Jermaine needs to have his right ear check? :huh

And Garland continues to serve up gopher balls.

Guest JimH

He made a mistake with the change up and immediately glared in at Pierzynski, it appears they had some kind of communication mix up. Pierzynski visited the mound immediately after the home run, either to straighten something out or to calm Garland down. Garland is clearly frustrated, it looked like he was ready to pull a Zambrano there.

He only has himself to blame though, it was a fat change up out over the plate, and up.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
He only has himself to blame though, it was a fat change up out over the plate, and up.

I couldn't tell you the amount of hanging changeups he's had crushed against him by Rangers hitters over the years. Guys like Blalock, Tex, and Palmeiro have crushed him.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
As long as he keeps it to one run per inning pitched I suppose I should be happy

You can. I sure as hell won't.

We're not paying Garland 8 million to give up 1 run every inning pitched during starts.