Big Frank

Big Frank had two hits today, an RBI single and a solo HR. That raises his avg to .249, his OBP to .376, and his slugging to .519. Not bad for Big Frank at all! A .895 OPS is nothing to sneeze at, even from the DH position.

Although nothing like his dominant best, Frank is proving he does indeed have something left in the tank.

Congrats to Frank, he is now only 33 homers away from 500.

You want to know stupid the Mariners are? They signed Crazy Carl over Frank and have given him over 290 AB from the DH position.

His OPS? .666. Oh s*** that sucks. A platoon of Frank and say Hee Sop Choi could have easily bettered that.

Billy Beane does seem to have a leg up on the rest of that division.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
Why Booooooo the greatest player in Sox history. I have no problems with Frank. As a fan, he didn't disrespect me at all. He, Ozzie and Kenny can have their pissing contest.

i think it was a BOOO cuz he struck out... thats how i interpret it.... in any case you're right

go big frank!

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
Frank's coming around after a terrible start this season, isn't his average getting somewhat close to .250 now?

I think it was .252 last time I checked... and he is hitting a lot of HR's and has a good deal of RBI's especially since he does not play as much as most starters.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
Frank's coming around after a terrible start this season, isn't his average getting somewhat close to .250 now?

.254 right now. after the terrible april (.190 avg), he's batted .268 (may), .270 (june) & .298 (july)...

It was a big stretch in the off-season to say that Big Frank would hit 30 HR's for this year. Look at him now. I would say that getting 30 HR's out of your DH is something, especially when it comes from a player that hasn't done that in a while because of health issues.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)
It was a big stretch in the off-season to say that Big Frank would hit 30 HR's for this year. Look at him now. I would say that getting 30 HR's out of your DH is something, especially when it comes from a player that hasn't done that in a while because of health issues.

I don't know how SoxTalk feels about this, but no matter what I'm glad we didn't keep Frank, we just don't have a place for him on this team.

QUOTE(Jake @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
I don't know how SoxTalk feels about this, but no matter what I'm glad we didn't keep Frank, we just don't have a place for him on this team.

No Sox fan who wants to win is upset we didn't keep Frank.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)

In a perfect world, he would have retired a White Sox. It still feels funny seeing him in another uni.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)

Rob Mackowiak, Jim Thome, Brian N. Anderson have combined for 42 HR, 121 RBI.

Carl Everett, Frank Thomas, Aaron Rowand have combined for 43 HR 128 RBI.

I don't see the huge gain.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 08:57 AM)

Would that be the same Carl Everett that was DFA'd by Seattle?

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 08:57 AM)

Your numbers are skewed. Everett and Thomas, if both on the White Sox, would not have had the ABs they have received this year. The White Sox offense is so much better than last year when Everett, Thomas and Rowand were on the team, it isn't even funny. Thome has had a big effect, and his being left handed has had a big effect, as it has caused intentional walks and numerous pitching changes which get the Sox deep into the opponents bullpen. I can't see how anyone can argue with keeping last year's guys. The offense is so much better now.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 09:06 AM)
Would that be the same Carl Everett that was DFA'd by Seattle?

That be he. They cut him before his '07 contract could vest.

Would you prefer Everett or Makowiak as 4th OF?

Would you prefer Rowand or Anderson as everyday CF?

Thome is having a better year than Thomas, but the year isn't over. Either can get hurt again, and either can catch on fire again.

I just don't buy that the '06 team has proven to be better or even as good as (remove hat) the World Champion 2005 Chicago White Sox. :)

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 09:45 AM)

Thome is having a better year than Thomas, but the year isn't over. Either can get hurt again, and either can catch on fire again.

I just don't buy that the '06 team has proven to be better or even as good as (remove hat) the World Champion 2005 Chicago White Sox. :)

Mack over Everett. I've seen Everett play CF too.

Anderson over Rowand. Anderson's rough start is history now. From today forward, he is and will be better than Aaron. And I'm a big fan of Aaron Rowand.

Even if the stats were equal, I'd take Thome over Thomas. Thome's a lefty which fits our club better. Then, add in the clubhouse intangibles and it's Thome hands down.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 09:45 AM)

This offense is, without a doubt, hands down, much better than last year's offense. There isn't an argument you could make that would sway any other person on this site in the least.

Sure, this '06 team hasn't proven to be better or even as good as the 2005 team, but that's because the starting pitching has been awful. This '06 offense has proven to be undeniably better than the '05 offense.

Hell, if the pitching was as good as it was last year with the new and improved offense, the Sox might have lost 20 games to this point.