In house options to replace BA...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 03:33 AM)
Who? I can't stand that people say that, yet they never bring a name, a realistic name to the table.

Since we don't know who's available, it's impossible to predict. Everyone says guys like Crawford or Hunter, but that's not realistic. All I know is that we're losing quite a few games due to the lack of an all-around CF, and something has to be done about it. Not only that, but we're having to use Mackowiak all wrong. He's not even a CF....he's always been more of a corner outfielder or 3rd baseman.

Guest JimH

4 walks, three of them scored for Texas. There are all sorts of things to blame and in a way, everyone is right no matter where they point the finger.

The one constant in all four of these losses is this ... the opposition executed on offense and defense, the White Sox have let down at key times.

And when I say let down, I mean offensively, defensively, execution, managerial decisions ... everything.

Everything is off kilter at the moment, and I sense tonite's loss is really eating KW up. And I mean REALLY eating him up.

Personally, among other things, I think they (KW and Guillen) are questioning whether McCarthy is a fit for the bullpen, and the need for another sparkplug player off the bench.

Melton on the post game saying it's another game of missed opportunities for the White Sox, and he is right.

The funny thing is that everyone's going to blame Mackowiak's defense for the loss tonight, but the turning point of the game was Pods running like my grandmother on Young's double, and letting GM Jr. score. Of course, Ozzie was begging for GM Jr. to be stealing on that pitch as soon as he brought in Nelson.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 03:37 AM)
Everything thats wrong with the team was in tonights game.

-Bullpen cant hold a lead.

-Our CF platoon is causing huge issues.

-We can't get the big hit

-Leaving lots of runners on base

I would add in: lack of ability to foul off tough 0-2 pitches. We've been striking out looking at an absolutely alarming rate. Kinsler battled his ass off in the 9th inning, and ended up winning the game.

Anderson can't hit worth s***.

Mackowiak can't field worth s***.

Between them we have a CF platoon that plays like s***. While this isn't the biggest problem on this team, the people who pretend that everything is fine (or acceptable) in CF are whistling through the graveyard.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)
The funny thing is that everyone's going to blame Mackowiak's defense for the loss tonight, but the turning point of the game was Pods running like my grandmother on Young's double, and letting GM Jr. score. Of course, Ozzie was begging for GM Jr. to be stealing on that pitch as soon as he brought in Nelson.

I would add in: lack of ability to foul off tough 0-2 pitches. We've been striking out looking at an absolutely alarming rate. Kinsler battled his ass off in the 9th inning, and ended up winning the game.

Our hitters dont swing at the low and away pitch because its not the nice center cut fastball down the middle they can pull for a homer.

Oddly when we sit outside all night long with our pitchers, the opposing teams catch on and drive the ball into right. See the Buerhle inning the other night for that approach.

Well.. our "future center fielder" Gary Matthews Jr. was 2-4 today with a GW rbi, surprised noone brought up his name yet... :rolly

BA is here right now, he is our future stud, let's put this to rest please.. I'd rather talk about something that's worth talking about (I.E. Bullpen, Uribe, Garland, Pods semi-slump) then talking about something that were not losing ballgames after.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 04:06 AM)
Well.. our "future center fielder" Gary Matthews Jr. was 2-4 today with a GW rbi, surprised noone brought up his name yet... :rolly

BA is here right now, he is our future stud, let's put this to rest please.. I'd rather talk about something that's worth talking about (I.E. Bullpen, Uribe, Garland, Pods semi-slump) then talking about something that were not losing ballgames after.

Anderson has done nothing to show he's going to be a future stud. We're not exactly talking about someone who dominated in the minors last year. There were many people concerned with his K totals and his swing. And BTW, it's not just soxtalk b****ing about Anderson. There's been numerous articles in the paper about it, including the one last wknd saying he might get sent down. He's not the specific reason we're losing games, but his struggles aren't helping at all.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
Anderson has done nothing to show he's going to be a future stud. We're not exactly talking about someone who dominated in the minors last year.

I'm still debating to myself if I should reply to this.

EDIT: Just typed a good paragraph and copied it, just in case you have anything else to say about this. ;)

Brian Anderson is a center fielder.....Rob Mackowiak is better suited for left or right field.

Pablo Ozuna in centerfield is almost as scary as when we thought about putting Jose Valentin in centerfield.

Everyone here b****es about the lack of production from Anderson, what about Uribe? He's barely batting over .200, Anderson is a god damn rookie, Uribe is a veteran, yet no one ever points the finger at him.

I would rather have a STRONG bullpen and a centerfielder that hits .170 and plays solid defense, than a centerfielder that hits .300 and a bullpen (like we have now) that coughs up the lead everytime.

It's simple guys, we didn't get to the post-season last year because of our offense, we got there because of our DEFENSE and our PITCHING. Both of those components are missing, especially when Anderson isn't out there, and especially for whatever reason our relievers getting lit up.

CWSOX45

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
4 walks, three of them scored for Texas. There are all sorts of things to blame and in a way, everyone is right no matter where they point the finger.

The one constant in all four of these losses is this ... the opposition executed on offense and defense, the White Sox have let down at key times.

And when I say let down, I mean offensively, defensively, execution, managerial decisions ... everything.

Everything is off kilter at the moment, and I sense tonite's loss is really eating KW up. And I mean REALLY eating him up.

Personally, among other things, I think they (KW and Guillen) are questioning whether McCarthy is a fit for the bullpen, and the need for another sparkplug player off the bench.

Melton on the post game saying it's another game of missed opportunities for the White Sox, and he is right.

LOL, what makes your spider senses tingle, JimH?

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
Anderson can't hit worth s***.

Mackowiak can't field worth s***.

Between them we have a CF platoon that plays like s***. While this isn't the biggest problem on this team, the people who pretend that everything is fine (or acceptable) in CF are whistling through the graveyard.

:cheers

We don't have any in-house options. Its Brian Anderson with ocassional doses of Rob Mack or at least thats what it should be (unless we want to stick BA in AAA for about a month and just let Mack play every day, but our defense will seriously suffer and thats not a good thing for a team thats built on pitching).

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
:cheers

I don't think anyone would deny that but IMO the best option is to play BA and let the rest of the line up pick up his lack of production rather than let Mac play and let his defense kill you late in the game. BA should come around but even if he doesn't I would rather have him in there than Mac. The offesive punch he gives you over BA is not enough to over come the defensive shortcommings.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
I don't think anyone would deny that but IMO the best option is to play BA and let the rest of the line up pick up his lack of production rather than let Mac play and let his defense kill you late in the game. BA should come around but even if he doesn't I would rather have him in there than Mac. The offesive punch he gives you over BA is not enough to over come the defensive shortcommings.

I agree with that, sure.

But I still agree with SoxHawk about the graveyard.

And I luuuv that expression

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)

Although I agree with letting BA play, I don't think the rest of the line up need to pick up his slack anymore ... They've been doing it so far this whole seaon, time for him to get that bat kicking in.