Official Get Jermaine Dye to start the ALL Star game Thread

rangercal

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I really hate about the All Star Game. Allowing the fans to vote may have some merit, but it's just way too easy to commit fraud. The best players don't get voted in... the ones with the most aggressive fans do. And MLB doesn't care. :headshake

I don't think there's anything you can do. People will find ways to get around it. I remember last year near the end, some Cubs fan found a bug in the system, posted it on the Cubs MLB board and that huge surge allowed Lee to overtake Pujols.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 05:15 PM)
I got about 40 in yesterday. I have my votes set to PK, Gooch, JD, Pods, Crede, and Pierzynski.

I wrote in Gload at 1st, Cintron at 2B, Ozuna at LF, Widger at C, and Juansky & Clutch at their normal positions.

Edited by BigSqwert

After the A's series I figured we would have about 4 All Stars (Dye, Iguchi, Buehrle, and Contreras). Now I think we'll be lucky to have 2, with Dye and Iguchi (possibly even voted in). Thome will be hurt by not even being on the ballot and not playing 1B this year (NL park so no DH). I don't see any of our pitchers making the team at this point. A slight case could be made that Jenks could make the team but how many closers will Ozzie take on the team especially with Papelbon being a lock?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
After the A's series I figured we would have about 4 All Stars (Dye, Iguchi, Buehrle, and Contreras). Now I think we'll be lucky to have 2, with Dye and Iguchi (possibly even voted in). Thome will be hurt by not even being on the ballot and not playing 1B this year (NL park so no DH). I don't see any of our pitchers making the team at this point. A slight case could be made that Jenks could make the team but how many closers will Ozzie take on the team especially with Papelbon being a lock?

Contreras? (5-0, 2.53 ERA, .98 WHIP, .203 BAA)

While you're at it, throw some love towards our man the Gooch. He's not that far behind, and he's got Japan behind him as well

EDIT: Also, if serious for voting for Dye, it may be wise to vote for two other crappy outfielders. Since you have to vote for 3, don't want to raise the count of those ahead of him

Edited by 3 BeWareTheNewSox 5

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
Ozzie will bring the right guys to the all star game, so I have no worries about the voting stuff this year.

My point was that the number of Sox that should be there aren't as high as they were a couple weeks ago. (I'm taking a shot at our starting pitching)

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
While you're at it, throw some love towards our man the Gooch. He's not that far behind, and he's got Japan behind him as well

EDIT: Also, if serious for voting for Dye, it may be wise to vote for two other crappy outfielders. Since you have to vote for 3, don't want to raise the count of those ahead of him

I have an all sox ballot :D

Wow, I think I broke the system. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, it started giving me the exact same confirmation code like 20 times in a row. Then like 10 votes later, it decided my name was Colin Tremblay and I was born in 1992 (I even got Colin Tremblay's email address and zip code filled in.)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
Wow, I think I broke the system. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, it started giving me the exact same confirmation code like 20 times in a row. Then like 10 votes later, it decided my name was Colin Tremblay and I was born in 1992 (I even got Colin Tremblay's email address and zip code filled in.)

president-bush-orly.jpg

Edited by SoxFan1