A sox win????

Bmr31

someone fill me in.............i started watching in the 8th.........

Taking it from the 8th...

Marte stayed in for the 8th (after pitching the 7th), and did very well. In all, he pitched 2 hitless innings and struck out 3. Koch came in for the 9th and shut them down. Then, in our half of the 10th, Graffanino singled, and Frank followed with a double down the left field line. The defense had him spread around to go the other way, so TG had enough time to score on the play. Then, in the Snakes' half of the inning, Koch walked a guy with 2 out, but induced a grounder for the final out of the game.

Marte and Koch likely won't be available for tonight's game @ LA, so hopefully Mark can give us a good 7 or more innings.

Taking it from the 8th...

Marte stayed in for the 8th (after pitching the 7th), and did very well.  In all, he pitched 2 hitless innings and struck out 3.  Koch came in for the 9th and shut them down.  Then, in our half of the 10th, Graffanino singled, and Frank followed with a double down the left field line.  The defense had him spread around to go the other way, so TG had enough time to score on the play.  Then, in the Snakes' half of the inning, Koch walked a guy with 2 out, but induced a grounder for the final out of the game.

Marte and Koch likely won't be available for tonight's game @ LA, so hopefully Mark can give us a good 7 or more innings.

Marte can occasionally go a couple of innings. Glad JM saw it that way last nite.

Now his ERA is a blazing 8.18... about 10 times what it was with St. Louis in the 2nd half of last year.

True..but you've gotta start somewhere. Koch's ERA was like 10 until he started to turn it around. He's given up 1 ER in his last 11 IP, bringing his ERA "down" to 5.10. 5.10 still sucks, but when evaluating his trade value, he at least has some now -- at an ERA of 10, he was worthless. Hopefully White can run off a similar stretch so we can get something for him in a trade.

True..but you've gotta start somewhere.  Koch's ERA was like 10 until he started to turn it around.  He's given up 1 ER in his last 11 IP, bringing his ERA "down" to 5.10.  5.10 still sucks, but when evaluating his trade value, he at least has some now -- at an ERA of 10, he was worthless.  Hopefully White can run off a similar stretch so we can get something for him in a trade.

Oh I definitely agree. White has definitely looked better of late, but I'm still unsure of bringing him into a close game. But that's how I feel about pretty much everyone on the team right now with the exception of Marte, Wunsch, and, to a lesser extent, Koch right now, so it really doesn't matter.... The team'll find a way to lose with or without White.