Whats Everyone's Favorite Sox Team?

Chisoxfn

Trying to remember the starting four: Hoyt, Dotson, Bannister and Britt Burns. Bob James was the RP. I think Burns pitched the last game of the playoffs and the Sox-Blue Jays were 0-0 after 9. Burns stayed in and gave up 3 runs in the 10th. Announcer was commenting about how Burns had pitched his heart out and said something like, "Hold your head up young man because you pitched one heckuva game." Burns had his career cut short because of a degenerative hip condition.

Yup, and i was at that final game. I remember dybzinski costing the sox a run, and win, by getting thrown out at 3rd base. :angry:

'77, for all the reasons already listed here

1990, the future for the sox forming, the coming of Big Frank, the staff, et al

Speaking of '90, Anyone remember assface Dave Stewart always s***ting on the sox "they aren't a real team...they can't contend with us" type s***? That was was an ass toward the sox then. 'twas sweet when he was swept outta the WS that year!

I blew it on remembering the relief pitcher. James came to the Sox in 1985. He was really great that first year with over 30 saves and an ERA of just over 2.00. I can't think of who the '83 guy was. I think I saw someone list Dennis Lamp?

1993 and 2000 were my two favorites until the playoffs when we were handled by Toronto and Seattle respectively.

If I had to pick one or the other, I'd go with 2000 because Buehrle was on that team starting in July and he is my favorite Sox pitcher to date. In fact I was at Commiskey for his debut when he threw one inning.

The 2000 Sox team is definately my favorite Sox team of all time. I remember going to 4 games that year....2 tickets that I got for my birthday, and 2 that I won.

The first game I saw....Fordyce hit a homer, and the Sox won 3-2....Mark Buehrle's first career win! The next game, I believe the Sox lost 5-1(their lone run coming from Jose Valentin who ended Minnesota's shot at a shutout with a homer in the 9th). Then, I went in September, and the first game the Sox won 5-3(Charles Johnson hit his 30th homer in that game). I also remember that game very well because Torii Hunter hit a ball that landed in the lap of a kid 1 row in front of us. The next game was a very memorable one for me. Through the first 5 innings or so, I believe Sean Lowe had a 1-hitter going. He was taken out, and at the time, I didn't know why(I do now though). I believe at the time of his departure, the Sox were up like 5-0 or 5-1. And some time, during the game, I remember a score being shown on the screen....the Indians-Royals game. The Royals had won....and the Sox started celebrating. Me, being the dumbass I was, finally realized what the hell was going on about 10 seconds later...the Sox had won the division! I also remember AJ Pierzynski beginning his killing of us, hitting a ball that hasn't landed yet, and then Matt Lawton, hitting a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 10th.

And then the Sox got cheated out of the playoffs. Damn Carlos Guillen....asshole stepped on the plate. That's worse then Sosa corking his bat!

We may not have won the series since Atlanta was such a smoking hot team, but we would have gotten there.

Atlanta was in second place that Year. The Expos had Won 70 Games already that year.

1983 Closers were Dennis Lamp and Salome Barojas

1967 team greatest pitching staff of all time. Lead the League in ERA. 2.17 overall, but were last in the league in batting with a dreadfull .230 BA.

1991 team would have won the WildCard and the 1990 team the Divison. Ahhh I remember watching Wilson Alvarez pitch his No No Against the O's