Game Thread: 6/04

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Atleast the tigers are losing so we hopefully won't fall back a game.

That's a terrible mentality to have. It seems like when we win, they win. When they lose, we lose. We need to just worry about ourselves and maybe Gary Matthews Jr. :angry:

That will obviously change on Tuesday.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
Just have to hand it to the Ranger's pitcher today. He is very good.

He's nothing more than your typical lefty. We've sucked all year against lefties, as our righty hitters try to pull everything.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
Just have to hand it to the Ranger's pitcher today. He is very good.

He is supposed to be a very good pitcher. 8.1 innings of 4-hit shutout baseball in his 2nd start is pretty impressive.

Doesn't excuse our s***ty offensive performance, but at least it's not some scrub.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
That's a terrible mentality to have. It seems like when we win, they win. When they lose, we lose. We need to just worry about ourselves and maybe Gary Matthews Jr. :angry:

That will obviously change on Tuesday.

Yep, that's the loser's philosophy to have. Meanwhile, the Indians are getting back into the race, and the Twins seem to have gotten their pitching issues resolved.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 01:41 PM)
Anyone else a bit worried to see Freddy pitch the opener against Detroit?

I'm more worried about our defense and bullpen taking the field against them

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
He's nothing more than your typical lefty. We've sucked all year against lefties, as our righty hitters try to pull everything.

Aside from the fact that we haven't taken a walk, this guy hasn't impressed me that much. Last inning is your prime example, they barely took any pitches, and got 3 ground balls to the right hand side. With 3 of our good hitters too

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
Aside from the fact that we haven't taken a walk, this guy hasn't impressed me that much. Last inning is your prime example, they barely took any pitches, and got 3 ground balls to the right hand side. With 3 of our good hitters too

Yep, I agree. A huge turning point in this game was Konerko's terrible AB against him with 2 on, and 1 out.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
Anyone else a bit worried to see Freddy pitch the opener against Detroit?

I'm just worried about us playing s***ty period, no matter who is on the mound. Its pretty bad right now.

Guest JimH

Like Iguchi, who Texiera made a nice play on? Like Anderson, who went up the middle? Like Crede, who went into the gap? Like Ozuna, who went to CF and RF for his hits?

I realize it's the popular accepted theory on this board that "all" of the White Sox hitters "try to pull everything" but it's an inaccurate generalization. You know baseball better than to make a remark like that. I understand being frustrated, I am too, but some of the generalizations on these game threads are out of sorts.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
Like Iguchi, who Texiera made a nice play on? Like Anderson, who went up the middle? Like Crede, who went into the gap? Like Ozuna, who went to CF and RF for his hits?

I realize it's the popular accepted theory on this board that "all" of the White Sox hitters "try to pull everything" but it's an inaccurate generalization. You know baseball better than to make a remark like that. I understand being frustrated, I am too, but some of the generalizations on these game threads are out of sorts.

That's the point though...when those guys stayed on the ball and went the other way, they had success. When guys like Uribe are trying to pull pitches in the Rangers dugout, they've been easy outs. This pitcher does a very good job of keeping the ball down....and we haven't made adjustments (like you noted we're failing to do last night). The reason that Ozuna is our best hitter against LHP is that he takes everything to the opposite field.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
The reason that Ozuna is our best hitter against LHP is that he takes everything to the opposite field.

Why does Ozzie stack the lineup with righties when it seems like the lefties we face have bad splits vs lefty hitters?

Guest JimH
That's the point though...when those guys stayed on the ball and went the other way, they had success. When guys like Uribe are trying to pull pitches in the Rangers dugout, they've been easy outs. This pitcher does a very good job of keeping the ball down....and we haven't made adjustments (like you noted we're failing to do last night). The reason that Ozuna is our best hitter against LHP is that he takes everything to the opposite field.

No fathom, the point was you said "all" of the righthanded White Sox hitters try to pull "everything".

The reality is, no, they don't.