Game Thread: 6/04

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
You know, I'm not sure how much I agree with that. I know what you're talking about...how they played in August/early September when Cleveland was pushing them. But there sure seemed to be plenty of pressure on the team in that last week when they won 8 in a row, or in the playoffs, or in some of those contests early in the season when we first started playing the Twins, and so on. I don't know if playing "Tight" is the problem.

Personally, I think it's when they stop focusing that becomes a problem. Like in August last year, when they started complaining about attendance again, or Mark started seeing lights, or Iguchi started complaining about having to sit down so often, and so on. It just seems to me like their heads just weren't in the game then, and they don't look like it now.

When they start pressing, is what I'm getting at. Pressing can make them lose focus, no? That's what it seems to me to be.

Then again, I don't watch game in and game out like ya'll do. So take my remarks FWIW.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
It just seems to me like their heads just weren't in the game then, and they don't look like it now.

I'm surprised Ozzie doesn't start getting some blame for this.

*waits to get completely piled on for saying something negative about Ozzie*

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
Personally, I think it's when they stop focusing that becomes a problem. Like in August last year, when they started complaining about attendance again, or Mark started seeing lights, or Iguchi started complaining about having to sit down so often, and so on. It just seems to me like their heads just weren't in the game then, and they don't look like it now.

I hate the bickering going back and forth between Ozzie and McCarthy about relieving.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
Yep....this team is just a mess right now, and quite frankly, isn't a playoff team with its current roster constructed this way. I think that the organization needs to make a decision...either keep Anderson in CF and let him play 5 times a week, or make a total overhaul of the CF position. Anderson't not going to get it going at the plate playing once every 3 days. I'm actually thrilled the Tigers are coming to town this week...if that doesn't get the players pumped up, I don't know what will.

When Fathom and I agree on something...I don't know how anyone can think it's a bad idea.

Guest JimH

The one thing you have to say about Politte is, at this point he is being used in the right role. They are getting their ass kicked, it's basically a blowout, and Politte is in there.

I do like the idea of DL'ing him, I think he's got a cranium strain. It (the problem) is all between Politte's ears.

I think we caught a disease...a disease that a team in the same city was infected with for awhile....it's called CUBS.

Rumor is is that the incubation period is 3 days, which makes sense considering we swept the A's then played s***ty in Toronto.

Anyone know a cure for CUBS?

Edited by CWSOX45

QUOTE(zenryan @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
does MB only gives up runs when there are 2 outs in an inning. 6 runs with 2 outs is horrid. lack on concentration

You're right about that. He doesn't pitch well over errors and such early in the inning either.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
I'm surprised Ozzie doesn't start getting some blame for this.

*waits to get completely piled on for saying something negative about Ozzie*

I was hoping the rant in Toronto would get through to these guys, but it hasn't. When a team doesn't perform up to their own potential, at some point you do have to start looking at the coaching staff.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)

You mean the team that every paper in Chicago tomorrow is going to make it sound like they have a better chance of winning their division than the White Sox?

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
I think we caught a disease...a disease that a team in the same city was infected with for awhile....it's called CUBS.

Rumor is is that the incubation period is 3 days, which makes sense considering we swept the A's then played s***ty in Toronto.

I think we're dealing with a mutant strain right now, since we've been doing this since the start of the Toronto series.

Why Montero instead of McCarthy? If we want the kid coming out of the pen, he should actually come out of the pen every day or every other day at the worst.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
I hate the bickering going back and forth between Ozzie and McCarthy about relieving.

Well, to me, it's about the communication (or lack thereof) that McCarthy's getting. He's told that he's in the BP, then he got a spot start, then they tell him that he may be used in that role and sits and rots, and now he's supposed to be king reliever again... make up their f***ing mind... and he'll be more adapt at his role.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
You mean the team that every paper in Chicago tomorrow is going to make it sound like they have a better chance of winning their division than the White Sox?

With Pujols hurt? They may be right.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
The one thing you have to say about Politte is, at this point he is being used in the right role. They are getting their ass kicked, it's basically a blowout, and Politte is in there.

I do like the idea of DL'ing him, I think he's got a cranium strain. It (the problem) is all between Politte's ears.

You don't think it's physical with Politte? His fastball has lost about 3 mph this season.

Guest JimH

Anderson misses the cut off man.

Yikes.

He has made several mistakes today, not to say he's the only one, far from it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 08:01 PM)
Anderson misses the cut off man.

Yikes.

He has made several mistakes today, not to say he's the only one, far from it.

DJ is ripping on him. Today's game is the type of game that will get Mackowiak more playing time. He might not be good on defense, but the organization feels he plays the game the right way.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
DJ is ripping on him. Today's game is the type of game that will get Mackowiak more playing time. He might not be good on defense, but the organization feels he plays the game the right way.

He doesn't seem to make the mental mistakes.