The Positive Thread

Ndgt10

1. We are 12 games above .500

2. DJ has gotten much better at play-by-play in the booth

3. Crede continues to swing a hot stick

4. Garland has come around and is pitching better than anybody on our team, save contreras

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)

4. Garland has come around and is pitching better than anybody on our team, save contreras

Roger Bossard rocks.

I actually couldn't give a rat's ass about any off-the-field issues, so I'll just stick to the players.

The positives are: Crede, Iguchi, Konerko, Pods, and Dye (though they're all pretty streaky). AJ is a positive, too, of course. Widger has been hitting well, so that's a positive (wish he'd call a decent game once in a while, though). Jenks has been great, Cotts has been good enough, and Thornton is seemingly coming around. Garcia has pitched pretty well for now without his fastball. Garland has been better of late. Buehrle will do what he does every year. Vazquez is pitching well, besides his Garland-esque innings. And Contreras has had one bad start all year.

There are many more positives than there are negatives, but that still doesn't prevent the negatives to really hurt us all the time.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 05:24 PM)
i've gotten free tickets for some games

I ordered my tickets for the Pittsburgh series today, as well as booked my hotel room :)

They better have their asses in gear by then.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)
AJ is a positive, too, of course.

Although I generally agree, he has been the quietest .326 batter I've seen in a long time. Only .200 with RISP and that's after finally getting a hit yesterday. Also, his arm seems to be better this year as far as gunning runners down. Last year it seemed like he never had a chance.

This is rough stretch right now. Their just not together. The defense has not been what it should be, the offense continues to fail WRISP. Our pitching is inconsistent, especially the bullpen. We have 2 automatic outs at the bottom of our lineup. I've been frustrated so much lately that today after Texs double I had to turn off the game. Hopefully the big series vs Detroit wakes them up because its more than just any normal game. :gosox1: :gosox1: :headbang :headbang

This is rough stretch right now. Their just not together. The defense has not been what it should be, the offense continues to fail WRISP. Our pitching is inconsistent, especially the bullpen. We have 2 automatic outs at the bottom of our lineup. I've been frustrated so much lately that today after Texs double I had to turn off the game. Hopefully the big series vs Detroit wakes them up because its more than just any normal game. :gosox1: :gosox1: :headbang :headbang

This is a POSITIVE thread

Not only are the Sox 12 games over .500 on June 4, but they have Kenny Williams *and* Ozzie Guillen both committed to winning again in '06. The season is one-third over. I will never sell KW and Ozzie short; I think Kenny will get the right bodies there and Ozzie will put the right spirit into those bodies.

Grinder Rule #9: Be realistic. Expect miracles.

(Well, you did say this is a *positive* thread. :cheers )

color me a homer, but i still like what i've seen this year out of this team.

frankly amazes me that people have s***pants over the recent rough stretch. it probably shouldn't amaze me, but i guess people thought we were just going to kick-ass from beginning to end. sorry, that doesn't happen.

this team will be fine.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
color me a homer, but i still like what i've seen this year out of this team.

frankly amazes me that people have s***pants over the recent rough stretch. it probably shouldn't amaze me, but i guess people thought we were just going to kick-ass from beginning to end. sorry, that doesn't happen.

this team will be fine.

:cheers

Crowds are great; Iguchi is amazing; Thome is crushing the ball; Dye is an all-star; Jenks is great; starting pitching shows great promise. Oz is still funny with his post and pre-game quotes.